Round 9 AFL Action. Carlton Blues Vs Hawthorn Hawks @ Etihad 12:10amET 5/23/10

• Start date
  • Replies 1 Comments
  • Views 645 Views
After beating Geelong, St Kilda and Port Adelaide over the last month Carlton wil feel quite confident going into tonights match against the Hawks, a team whom they have beaten only twice in the last decade. The Hawks on the other hand were able to break a 6 game losing run by beating the wooden spoon favourites in Richmond with an awful 3 point win last week. At least their prized injury-plagued recruit Shaun Burgoyne was able to play some minutes.

Hawks ruckman Sam Jacobs will have to begin stepping up if he plans to keep high-priced recruit Robbie Warnock in the VFL in one of the more engrossing ruck competitions in the league. After a slow start to the season he is beginning to show some form and will have to continue doing so if he plans on keeping Warnock at bay. Shaun Burgoyne had a solid debut with his new club. His skill has never been at issue, but his body certainly is. Can he start stringing some games together now?

Jarrad Waite comes out of the Blues' line-up after copping a two-game suspension while Kane Lucas and Ryan Houlihan are also in danger of missing with hamstring strains. How will those changes affect team chemistry? Have the Hawks turned the corner? They've been massively disappointing this season, but maybe four premiership points will be just the tonic they needed.

The Blues may have struggled with Hawthorn in recent times, but times they are a-changing. Setanta O'hAilpin and his band of small forward helpers are proving quite a handful for opponents, Chris Judd's onball brigade is humming along nicely and the backline is doing its bit too. Hawthorn has looked a shadow of its former self and doesn't look to have the class to prevail here.
My pick here is Carlton Blues -18.5 (-108) for 2 units available at iasbet.

Lets do this gents and as always good luck fellow gamelivers :hattip:

sorry man i was plastered last night after the cricket day drinking

i just died off

thanks for the write up

fucking blues