Round 7 AFL Action. Carlton Vs St.Kilda at Etihad Stadium 5:20am EST 5/10/10

• Start date
  • Replies 18 Comments
  • Views 3,571 Views
With both teams playing vastly different styles of football this game should be a spectacle to watch.

The bulldogs had the life choked out of them in Round 6 by the Saints, who went on to win kicking 3 goals in the final quarter. They will look to continue doing this with the absence of Nick Riewoldt and misfiring forward Justin Koschitzke in what is shaping up to be a low scoring affair. The blues who looked fleet footed, swift and composed in their Round 5 win over the Cats were given a football reality check last week against Colingwood. The result of this match will largely depend on which version of Carlton runs out onto the field.

In the absence of Nick Riewoldt, Saints forward Justin Koschitzke has failed to deliver on the form that saw him kick 48 goals on 2009, kicking only 2 goals in his last two games since coming back from suspension. If he can find the form of 09' then saints will be a much more formiddible unit. Years of development appeared to pay off for Carlton's Setanta O'hAilpin against Collingwood, when he booted five goals. The Irishman isn't the prettiest footballer going around but he continually makes contests and gives his teammates an option. He will be looking to consolidate his good form against the Saints.

Will St.Kilda look to cut of the Cat's supply in the same way they did to the Bulldogs? The majority of fans might not like it, but it is what's working for them at the moment. Which is the real Carlton? The fleet-footed mosquito fleet that left Geelong for dead, or the inconsistent group that shone for a quarter against Collingwood before burning out?

To conclude, if the Saints can keep the Blues' key midfielders quiet enough for long enough, their defenders should easily quell the threat posed by O'hAilpin and Carlton's fleet of small forwards. Even if the Blues do break free for a period, they will struggle to get on top of the stingiest defence in the League and that alone should to see St Kilda clear. My play here is St.Kilda -16.5 (+106) available at Pinnacle for 1 unit.

Best Of Luck with your plays gamelivers and let's cash this :handshake:

holy crap you are right xpy

espn360 is showing them :dance:

thanks

Does anyone have a stream for this as link i had only available within US

Last edited:
i hope it stays up for you

unreal you can't get monday night football

the espn3 one is awesome

True and i was expecting that as St,Kilda is a team that suffocates their opposition and provided they can keep it within 4 goals during the early stages then forecast that things will slowly begin to turn around.....Who you liking in T20 later this morning?? Taking South Africa and i reckon the kiwis and stick one up the poms :depom:

Couldnt help myself and took saints at +220 live bet small :pink:

I'm liking very much the Kiwis chances against England, specially at + money. England is practically in the semis, it would take a monumental performance by NZ and SA against the Pakis to boot them out on the net run rate. Kevin Pietersen is out for England and moral wise is going to affect them. England did great in Barbados but now they are moving to St Lucia. I'm making a play on them.

:theshrink: ouch, ouch and ouch..The saints have been no match for carlton's speed...Havent seen the saints beat this bad for over 2 years now....Time to go back to the drawing board and re-examine for next week...Sorry friends :banghead::banghead: