Round 6 AFL Action. Power Vs Crows at Aami Stadium 12:40amEST 5/1/10

• Start date
  • Replies 23 Comments
  • Views 3,203 Views
Tonights preview bought to you by "Gambling", "because a man's gotta make at least one bet a day, else he could be walking around lucky and never know it...

Port Adelaide start warm favourite against Adelaide at AAMI Stadium on Saturday afternoon, but it would be foolish to assume that these games are nothing, if close to 50-50. The injury plagued Crows will be looking to square the ledger at 14 wins apiece after this weekend, but face a tough challenge up against the St Kilda-slaying Power.
The Powers gutsy 10 point win over the Saints last weekend announced to the league that Mark William's boys are here to be taken seriously, while Adelaide edged closer to the point of no return this season with a fifth-straight defeat, this time at the hands of the Western Bulldogs. A loss this week would make it almost impossible for the Crows to make the eight this year and no club would get more enjoyment out of delivering the knockout blow than Port Adelaide.

Playing in his 4th game after return from an injury plagued pre-season, Jason Porplyzia booted two goals and took a Mark of the Year contender against the Dogs last week, thus indicating a return to form. He will need to step up in the absence of Patrick Dangerfield. Livewire David Rodan was instrumental in the Powers stirring win over St Kilda last weekend, finishing with 27 disposals, seven clearances and six inside 50s. Adelaide has struggled at the stoppages this season and Rodan has the potential to cut the Crows' midfield apart.

Can Port Adelaide replicate the pressure that made St Kilda appear second rate? The Power have laid in excess of 80 tackles in each of their wins this season and will need more of the same this week. Can the Crows hit their targets? Poor skill errors and turnovers in crucial areas of the ground have cost Adelaide this season and the players must improve their efficiency to win.

In conclusion the winless Crows will fancy their chances in a tight tussle with the Power, but havent showed enough to suggest theyre on the verge of turning their season around. Port Adelaide beat St Kilda at its own game last weekend and a similar effort should be enough to get the club over the line and back into the eight on Saturday. My pick here is Port Adelaide -10.5 (-101) at betfair for 1 unit...

Let's see if we can get up here boys :thumbup:

will interpret that as ur finger slippin there fischy...After all from what i hear ur front runner for GL POTD :hattip:

Thanks, xpansive - double promotion tonight. I'll even pull my finger out and get that "Guide To AFL" over to you before next week.

Thanks, xpansive - double promotion tonight. I'll even pull my finger out and get that "Guide To AFL" over to you before next week.

Thanks Polaroid. Been a busy week and havent really had much time anyway....Definitely look forward to seeing what you come up with though :thumbup:

Great write up once again xpy. :clap:

Too late to follow, gl.

+8.5 Powers at the start of the 4th.

Lets do this man.

Thanks RJ...Think this one is gonna go down to the wire :popcorn:

im on this one too. does anyone have a stream?

im using fukkin flashscore for these

Power up by 12 half way through 4th quarter.....

i know its good. i want a fucking stream goddammit

Port are playing defensive possession football as though they have it won with still 7 mins left....They better not keep that up......:nono:

let me know the final guey! you guys are faster than flashsc ore