Round 6 AFL Action. Demons Vs Kangaroos at Etihad Stadium 12:10am 5/1/10

• Start date
  • Replies 17 Comments
  • Views 1,603 Views
Ok guys, before we get into this weekends round of AFL action i just wanted to re-iterate that this is my 1st season of handicapping these games so if your going to tread here with me then please tread lightly...That being said, lets get into this :propeller:

Tonight's write-up brought to you by: "Gambling", "because Leroy bet me I couldn't find a pot of gold at the end, and I told him that was a stupid bet because the rainbow was enough.” -Rita Mae Brown

It has been an indifferent start to the season for the Roos, opening with consecutive defeats - including a 104-point loss to St Kilda - before fighting back to win 2 of their last 3 matches. The 12 point win last sunday over Hawthorn was by far Norths most impressive win, although its victory over West Coast Eagles was by a greater margin (25 points).

Amazingly, Melbourne enters Round 6 as the 2nd most in form team at the moment, sitting only 2nd behind the Sydney Swans.
It has been a stunning turnaround by the Demons after their shocking performance against Hawthorn in Round 1. The Dees lost a one-point nailbiter to Collingwood in round two, but have since won a hat-trick of matches by an average of 40.33 points.
This included an outstanding 50-point win over the previously undefeated Brisbane Lions at the MCG last Saturday night.

For North Brady Rawlings is having another consistent, yet underrated season. He was the catalyst for shutting down the hawks midfield, closely checking Cyril Rioli and has shown a consistency all season that has to be recognised. He also kicked a crucial goal late against the Hawks to help seal the win.

Hard-at-it midfielder Brent Moloney has been among the red and blue's most consistent performers this season, highlighted by 37 and 31 disposals in the past two games. His leadership and presence in the engine room has been integral for the Demons.

Melbourne has not won four on the trot since its six-match winning streak from rounds 10 to 15, 2006. Can the Demons make it four in a row and edge into the eight? With the Demons all the rage at the moment, will the Roos catch them off guard and secure back-to-back wins for the first time under new coach Brad Scott?

In conclusion although Melbourne enters as favourite, North Melbourne has a superior recent record over the Demons, having won its past six in a row. But on form, it's hard to go past Melbourne, given it is playing with a high level of confidence, producing a quick style of play and intensity. My pick here is for Melbourne -3.5 (-102) for 2 units.....

As always best of luck guys and lets see if we can make this a night worth staying up for :dance:

:bread: think i might start fading myself from here on in :banghead:

xpansive, where you from pally?

australia i presume?

xpansive, where you from pally?

australia i presume?

Ty for the kind words fischy..Ur assumption is correct....A little place called Adelaide....What of yourself guey??

never been to australia but i am familiar with the geography.

i am originally from edmonton (canada). currently residing in florida (us)

never been to australia but i am familiar with the geography.

i am originally from edmonton (canada). currently residing in florida (us)

Nice..Never been to canada myself although from what ive heard and seen (winter olympics) it is indeed i who is missing out :highfive:

otto dix has always been one of my favorite artists

As much as that sounds cool fischy im currently entertaining a few guests so its in and out sporadically (so to speak) to check on things....When i grow up i wanna be a power poster :spinner:

its going 100% strong. just look at all the asinine shit ive posted in the last 20 minutes and extrapolate that over a full 24 hour period :propeller: