reno's international sports that actualy matter thread

• Start date
  • Replies 96 Comments
  • Views 4,410 Views
It really is. I often peruse a Detroit subreddit and they tell people inquiring that the CBC Olympic coverage is superior to the pee kok.

“I’m not happy about that, because I think NBC does a terrible job. I want to watch sports live, not watch NBC’s commentators talking in front of a fake fireplace.”

August, 38, is not alone in his CBC withdrawal. Watching CBC for Olympic coverage has been a tradition for many Americans since 1992.

This is an old story but still true.

I'm not surprised. I doubt any place can do any worse than what we have here. American corporate attitude seems to be that nobody cares about sport itself, only the possible drama that we can possibly create around it. It's unfortunate :nope:

“In Detroit, we miss CBC. They covered the Games as if they were about the athletes and the competition, and not self-promotion of network personalities.” O’Keefe, a resident of Grosse Pointe Woods, Mich., said he was resigned to trying to make the best of this situation.

“I know we’ve been lucky to have options of how we watched the Olympics,” O’Keefe, 56, said. “Maybe we got spoiled. We’re now finding out how the Olympics looks to the rest of the country who can’t watch Canadian TV. Once you’ve had that choice, it makes it really hard to go back to just having NBC.”

It was even interesting watching the synchronized swimming. The shot that shows bellow and above the water simultaneously was cool. I didn't know you could even hang in the water like that. But these performances have music, and announcer is bla bla bla through the whole thing, you cant even appreciate it :boo:

coolie pal go look at the casper thread in privatearea, some good laughs

Soccer penalty kicks are awesome.

Goalie - you jump out of the way so the shooter can watch the ball go straight in as soon as he kicks it.