Rec hockey player convicted of assault - oh boy

• Start date
  • Replies 11 Comments
  • Views 465 Views
Weird. Is there footage of the contact? Had to be pretty severe for the guy to get charged and then convicted.

How does non-contact hockey work? Can you accidentally miss hitting the puck and hit the player?

In the soccer league I play indoor you can't slide tackle but you can push, shove and kick the legs.

Weird. Is there footage of the contact? Had to be pretty severe for the guy to get charged and then convicted.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. No doubt it was an intentional hit and likely due to a past incident either with each other or another teammate. This is a game changer for rec hockey in Canada.

How does non-contact hockey work? Can you accidentally miss hitting the puck and hit the player?

In the soccer league I play indoor you can't slide tackle but you can push, shove and kick the legs.

Yes and that shit happens all the time. It's probably happening right now in arenas in Canada.

I have a problem with incidental contact with my oldest boy. He retaliates ALL THE FUCKING TIME. He actually stalks players (skates after them and follows them around the ice) after they run into him or something silly. I have talked to him about this that shit happens in hockey and you have to let certain shit go. Eventually, if he doesn't smarten the fuck up, another player will retaliate back and then there will be a full on scrap and my son will come out on the losing end. I hope it doesn't come to this because if it does then Daddy Puck and LittlePucker will be banging heads big time.

Saulty it's all about incidental contact. It happens, but players are wise and can turn an incidental contact type of hit into a vicious open ice body check. It happens often. There are many ways of making an open ice hit look like it's purely accidental. Players are wise.

Lot's of aggressive shoving, pushing, and bodying up in my non-check league..

Is non-contact different?

Lot's of aggressive shoving, pushing, and bodying up in my non-check league..

Is non-contact different?

I think what you are describing is 2 players "rubbing each other out" when in the corners battling for a loose puck. That shit is the norm for non-contact (check) hockey in these parts. There's no such thing as non-contact hockey as far as I'm concerned. Shit happens all the time. You can't skate at half speed and play a fun game of hockey. What's the sense?

kick the legs? wtf you talking about Saulty?

I was actually wondering the same thing, but just let it go. Soccer is not my thang.

kick the legs? wtf you talking about Saulty?

I was talking about indoor soccer. The field we play indoor is the same for roller hockey (no out of bounds up to 4 feet but no glass, corners are rounded etc). So sometimes I get trapped or trapped someone on the wall. So there is kicking the legs to let him let go of the ball which he is keeping between the wall and his legs.

I'm assuming the same happens in hockey when someone is keeping the puck between the wall and his stick or skates.

I see. I dont intentionally kick anybodys legs, but will swing a stick in there. I'm glad you're not running around playing peoples legs and not the ball.