• Replies 27 Comments
  • Views 583 Views

CASPERWAIT$

Twitter @C_Paradisio
Since
Aug 3, 2010
Score
Tokens
I’m going to list 3 plots of television shows. One is real, two are fake. You guys tell me which one is real.

1. An immortal human-monkey hybrid with magic powers who was born from an egg on a mountain top joins a Buddhist monk who’s actually a woman on a pilgrimage to India. They are accompanied by a water monster (Sandy) and a pig monster (Pigsy) and travel around on a biddable cloud or a shape-changing dragon who serves as the group’s horse. The horse can talk.

2. Three adopted brothers looking for their real mother find her working at a circus. They decide to leave their cushy jobs and join the circus with her so to develop the bond they never had.

3. A stand up comic has the ability to see the future of members of his audience. Every week, he comes across one that needs his help to save themselves from a disastrous future. The hardest part is convincing the person he’s being serious.

I feel like 1 is too crazy and 2 is too plausible leaving 3 as the real one by process of elimination. However I will go against the grain and take a shot on 2 being the real one.

I feel like 1 is too crazy and 2 is too plausible leaving 3 as the real one by process of elimination. However I will go against the grain and take a shot on 2 being the real one.
I’ve given enough time.

#1 is the real one. It was from a 70s show called The Monkey

I’ll have another 3 tomorrow

I’ve given enough time.

#1 is the real one. It was from a 70s show called The Monkey

I’ll have another 3 tomorrow
I honestly thought No. 1 was so preposterous you couldn't have made it up 😂, but remembered you were a writer so went against voting with that logic. Damn lol

3. A stand up comic has the ability to see the future of members of his audience. Every week, he comes across one that needs his help to save themselves from a disastrous future. The hardest part is convincing the person he’s being serious.
twilight zone remake s1e1 (2019)

close enough

Struggling comedian Samir Wassan meets legendary comic J.C. Wheeler, who advises him to include personal material in his routines. After doing a successful routine centered around his dog, Samir returns home and discovers that not only did his dog vanish, but no one seems to remember that his dog ever existed.

He then learns that jokes about the people in his life get laughs, but cause them to disappear from existence. After accidentally erasing his nephew, Devin, Samir starts erasing people he thinks the world would be better off without. His girlfriend Rena leaves him after the erasing of her teacher David Kendall causes her to go from a successful lawyer to a struggling waitress. After another encounter with Wheeler, Samir continues abusing his power, going so far as erasing rival comic Didi Scott.

After Samir has another encounter with Wheeler, Rena confronts him during a set with a journal containing names of those he's erased. Realizing what he has done, Samir erases himself from existence.

Everyone previously erased exists again. Didi, now a rising star, meets Wheeler following a set and asks for his advice. The final shot shows Samir on the club's audience member mural.

Here is another 3

1. Dating Reality show where one Dungeons and Dragons fan tries find his soulmate amongst a bevy of choices. Each episode they go through a series of D&D inspired challenges. Does the guy become Polemaster at seasons end?

2. A black British gentleman, run out of England after being accused of cheating at cards, takes a job as butler to a perpetually horny Abraham Lincoln in the White House during the Civil War.

3. A blind man regains his site after a horrible (yet fortunate accident) that lets him see INSIDE people. Essentially a walking x-ray machine, he becomes a member of a Hawaiian hospital. Does he always use his powers for good? We meet his coworkers and navigate through his life in each weekly episode.

#1 Deeply disappointed I didn't get the Monkey one!