random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,238 Comments
  • Views 264,210 Views
You know who needs to be in the baseball Hall Of Fame like yesterday?

Alan Trammel

:greencheck:

I needed the follow up discussion to know what I was supposed to be noticing. Coffee slow to kick in today.

Meanwhile, golf is in next year's Olympics. Regular 72 hole stroke play format.

I did not realize that until I heard it mentioned in the last couple days.

took me a while, but I think the girl flashing boobs.

Trammel, sure, but I'd vote in most anybody decent from that era :grin:

Watching pitch-tracker on baseball games. The technology is excellent. It's clear, accurate and instant.

I would estimate umpires average ~40 wrong calls on balls-strikes per game.

I don't understand why that's okay.

It's going to change - they are going to end up using it - why delay? It's 9:12 pm EST Aug 28th. Start in mid-game - even mid at-bat - of every game in progress - then carry on with all games from now on until the end of forever.

Have every ball-strike call correct starting RIGHT NOW.

and the umpires can all get jobs as extra color commentators

Vin Scully will be back for his 67th season in 2016

:pepe:

Last edited:
and the umpires can all get jobs as extra color commentators

They still need a home plate umpire - just go stand somewhere else while the pitching is going on.

Well, I guess they still probably need to be in the same position in case of foul tips or whatever. Hit batsmen. Occasionally they make a call on a checked swing although the base umps can do that.

Okay you can keep your big pantload of a body there but just shut up with your coinflip guesses on balls and strikes.

RGIII is getting some attention these days. Apparently he wishes stuff.

He's accused of sexual assault.

5 teams decided to approach the Hawks to see if they could get a sexual-assault discount.

Is the newsworthy bit here.

Y'all have to be explained every little thing.

Sexual-assault discount. Sounds like it could be a thing.

Maybe it also bears mentioning: the U.S. Open of tennis is going on right now.

That's tennis. Which is a sport.

He's accused of sexual assault.

5 teams decided to approach the Hawks to see if they could get a sexual-assault discount.

Is the newsworthy bit here.

Y'all have to be explained every little thing.

Who were the teams? I believe the Hawks would be motivated sellers for the right package.

I doubt any of the 5 teams will go on the record as being interested in an alleged rapist.

I think if an owner took to the podium and said "I am particularly interested in Kane because he is likely a rapist which shows he will do anything to get what he wants" it'd be good for the world.