• Views 5,032 Views

roguejuror

rouge
Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
8v2V3ok.jpg

The program facilitates extensive, in-depth surveillance on live communications and stored information. The law allows for the targeting of any customers of participating firms who live outside the US, or those Americans whose communications include people outside the US.

Some interesting points...

-The Prism program allows the NSA, the world's largest surveillance organisation, to obtain targeted communications without having to request them from the service providers and without having to obtain individual court orders.

-The document also shows the FBI acts as an intermediary between other agencies and the tech companies, and stresses its reliance on the participation of US internet firms, claiming "access is 100% dependent on ISP provisioning".

-When the law was enacted, defenders of the FAA argued that a significant check on abuse would be the NSA's inability to obtain electronic communications without the consent of the telecom and internet companies that control the data. But the Prism program renders that consent unnecessary, as it allows the agency to directly and unilaterally seize the communications off the companies' servers.

-When the NSA reviews a communication it believes merits further investigation, it issues what it calls a "report". According to the NSA, "over 2,000 Prism-based reports" are now issued every month. There were 24,005 in 2012, a 27% increase on the previous year. In total, more than 77,000 intelligence reports have cited the PRISM program.

Some quotes...

Ex-CIA Edward Snowden whistleblower is currently in Hong Kong, will apply for asylum. "cannot in good conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom, and basic liberties for all people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they are secretly building".

US already pressed charges against him. Huge gamble on China.

Jameel Jaffer, director of the ACLU's Center for Democracy "This is unprecedented militarisation of domestic communications infrastructure. That's profoundly troubling to anyone who is concerned about that separation."

In the name of NATIONAL SECURITY a senior administration official said "Information collected under this program is among the most important and valuable intelligence information we collect, and is used to protect our nation from a wide variety of threats."

"I understand that I will be made to suffer for my actions" - whistleblower, very nice article and interview http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

5KaKgMi.jpg

I think he enjoys freedom too much to want to return to The USA.

Not surprised to know that big business is paying attention to my google searches.

It's getting much too easy for them, plom.

"policies will change, because the only thing that restricts the activities of the surveillance sake are policy, even in our agreements with other sovereign governments we consider that to be a stipulation of policy, rather than a stipulation of law, and because of that a new leader will be elected and they'll flip the switch, because of the crisis because of the dangers that we face in the world, some new and unpredicted threat we need more authority, we need more power, and there'll be nothing the people can do at that point to oppose it, and it'll be turned to tyranny" -edward snowden

This doesn't surprise me in the least bit.

I still don't get why we the citizen keeps voting for more government control. It's really obvious to me it isn't needed or helpful.

Libertarian.

I still don't get why we the citizen keeps voting for more government control.

Exactly FF! This guy didn't crave gov in charge!

Reagan-flag.jpg

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Plommer, I think it's time for you to move back to the Yukon Territory!

I would but the Yukon is waaaay too close to Alaska, USA!

Northern Saskatchewan may be the ideal location.

It's getting much too easy for them, plom.

I hear that. Loud and clear, sir.

There have been recent stories about the US government snooping on Canadians because much of the internet traffic to/from Canada routs through the USA and the US doesn't have to abide by the same rules on the surveillance of Canadians as it does for it's sacred Americans citizens because Canadians are foreigners.

I'm sure the Americans wouldn't have a problem with a foreign government monitoring the communications of US citizens.

Now I'm in the mood to burn a US flag. Death to America!

Last edited:
LOL! Plommer, your system is too fast! MrM no longer exists in your world!

I would but the Yukon is waaaay too close to Alaska, USA!

Northern Saskatchewan may be the ideal location.

I hear that. Loud and clear, sir.

There have been recent stories about the US government snooping on Canadians because much of the internet traffic to/from Canada routs through the USA and the US doesn't have to abide by the same rules on the surveillance of Canadians as it does for it's sacred Americans citizens because Canadians are foreigners.

I'm sure the Americans wouldn't have a problem with a foreign government monitoring the communications of US citizens.

Now I'm in the mood to burn a US flag. Death to America!
Plommy, have you never fought fire with fire??

So what's stopping ppl from monitoring and tracking those that have a hard-on for wanting to know all our details??

Plommy, have you never fought fire with fire??

So what's stopping ppl from monitoring and tracking those that have a hard-on for wanting to know all our details??

Fire with fire?
Not possible in my situation.

The US government is nothing less than a big fukkin bully - they have too much influence and presence on matters outside their borders.
This is and will always be why the USA is reviled globally, for some reason Americans are told that the US is hated because of it's freedoms. Yeah, there are no other countries on the planet that enjoy freedom, only America!

common.

PS: Xpansy I can see the USA from my apartment in Windsor Ontario Canada.
I'm awfully close to the bully.
I live across from Detroit (on the right side of the river)

Canada on right, USA on left, river is international boundary.
detroit1.jpg

NOTHING is impossible pal.

Back in 2011 the boys managed to infiltrate the state "dob in a criminal" computer network. Had the voices, locational whereabouts and nature of calls taken from past 20 years of police informants.

Judging by that pic you wouldn't guess that the place to the right of the bridge was the more well-off.

The Bradley Mannings of this world just see the bigger picture is all. Not saying what he did was right, more trying to hold those with overriding legal power who commit acts of criminality to the same degree of accountability they themselves hold the wider audience to.

sad state of affairs

not surprising though

good afternoon rj!

sad state of affairs

not surprising though

Remember, we don't hate Americans, just the country they live in!

I keed, I keed. It's the government, you fokks!