Premiership Preview: Tottenham Vs Everton

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
Reports are that "several" Tottenham Hotspur first-team players have been suffering from an as yet unidentified virus that has swept through their training ground this week. The indoor facilities have been closed with a view to an upcoming deep clean sterilization. Wilson Palacios and Vedran Corluka are officially suffering from the virus but no more of the first-team players have been named (if they exist). David Bentley (groin), Peter Crouch (ankle) and Jermaine Defoe (hamstring) are still questionable for Sunday's game aside from any possible virus related matters which have yet to be officially declared.

With Tottenham Hotspur currently in fourth place in The Premiership, this incident is reminiscent of the 2006 season when Tottenham went into the last game in fourth place where a win would guarantee them a Champions League spot in the following year. Unfortunately a majority of the first team went down with Norovirus, supposedly as a result of eating some poorly cooked lasagna the night before the match, and they lost the game and missed out on their Champions League place the next season which went to Arsenal.

Everton are a difficult side to play against at the best of times, least of all when they're playing an infected team. In their last two league games they beat Chelsea and Manchester United 2-1 and 3-1 respectively, although it should be noted that these were home games and the match with Tottenham is away from home where their record is markedly worse.

But still, I like Everton +0.5 on the off chance that the Tottenham side are affected worse than has been reported against an Everton side that can stall pretty much any team if they put their mind to it. It's available at -122 at Pinnacle and -130 at The Greek.

RogueJuror, have a glass of anthrax. Tell me how you feel on Sunday.

no mames guay

i'll try the powder form

yayo sur califas pakistani assasin

If Landon Donovan could hit the target with an open goal, the bet would have been a winner.