Plommer is a fuckin embarrassing white trash loser

• Start date
  • Replies 62 Comments
  • Views 5,775 Views
He doesn't throw up regularly, 1 or 2 times a month and sometimes he goes months without puking at all.
Its hard for me to watch him puke because its so violent and it looks like the fucker is dying. He's himself again 1 minute after throwing up. It's all good after that.

My favourite thing about this guy is that he's trained to return home when I whistle. I let him outside to do his business and then after a few mins open the door and if he's not there waiting I whistle for him and he responds with a specific meow from wherever he is if within earshot - letting me know he heard the whistle and is on his way. If I whistle AND rattle his treat bag he comes running home at lightning speed. It's a thing of beauty.

My kitty is similar. When she was younger she would go for miles long walks with me in the forest.

My kitty is similar. When she was younger she would go for miles long walks with me in the forest.

Yes, mine too. If I have an appointment and gotta catch the bus I make sure he is inside or he will follow me to the bus stop.

I walk 500 metres to the convenience store and he follows me all the way there and back. The neighbors like him cause he's friendly and approaches them to be petted.

Last edited:
Have any of you guys traveled long distance with your cat? ...like driving? I got a cat thinking I would be able to travel leaving her alone with neighbors coming into feed her. I've become too attached and her to attached to me. I worry about leaving her alone now and wondering if I could bring her on a road trip. From what I see it is not advised, but I don't know. They say cats are better left in their own environment. They don't like change in routine and can get carsick. ....not to mention what a PITA carrying a litter box around would be.She hides from every other person what few happen to come by the house and has never been without me around for more than 4-5 hours tops. She sleeps with me at night and I worry how she would react if I was suddenly gone overnight.

I'm probably worrying too much...idk.

I took my cat to Niagara Falls from Windsor for Christmas because I didn't want to leave him alone.
Actually I wouldn't leave him alone is more accurate.

Put him in a cat carrier which he wasn't too fond of at first but he settled in for a 3.5 hour drive with only a couple meows. I made sure he was strapped in on the seat next to me facing me so he would feel more secure, plus I talked to him every once in a while. He seemed very much ok with the process.

Same thing coming back. While he didn't seem 100% comfortable he wasn't distressed at all. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

When we arrived at my parents house I set up a litter for him ASAP but he didn't have to go right away. He hid for about 10 mins then came out and greeted my mom and dad and settled in quickly. My mom fell in love with him and said she'd get a cat if she could get one with his personality. He took more to my dad than anyone, he sat on his lap, something he never does even with me.

BTW, I only have one cat. I gave the female kitten away to a young woman who really wanted her. I keep in touch via text and the kitten is doing very well with her new owner, so I'm very happy things worked out for everyone.

Get an RV. Then you can travel the continent with your cat.

I've seen lots of happy RV cats.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Did he seem weirded out by the new surroundings? How long were you gone? I would have to find pet friendly hotels and I'm sure you pay more for that. I just feel like I need to get out of here and the main holdback is the cat. I feel like that is not normal thinking (worrying about cat being alone,) but I suppose it's what parents feel like leaving their kids alone for the first time or with a sitter or something. I feel like I wouldn't be able to enjoy any trip if I was thinking about her being scared and alone at home.

I know none of my family would be keen on me bringing my cat to their house, so eventually I have to figure something else out, but baby steps maybe.

MrX
Get an RV. Then you can travel the continent with your cat.

I've seen lots of happy RV cats.

I would love to do that, but I don't think I'm cut out to drive a big vehicle like that. Mr. X what was the most magnificent or breathtaking single thing you have seen in the United States? I feel like I need to see something magnificent like the Grand Canyon..maybe I should revisit the idea of skydiving or something. I need to see something to make me feel alive. 605 winters are brutal.

Your cat is like a family member, so is mine, so of course worry is normal. I feel bad going out for a few hours leaving him all alone even though he is fine. We usually spend 20+ hours of the day together. 7 days a week. We are attached. AND bonded.

I was gone 5 days. My cat is not skittish at all and approaches people without fear, unlike many cats. He also adapts very quickly. He had zero problems at my parents. He used the litter box in the basement and was very well behaved (as expected).

You will feel better taking the cat with you for sure. I won't leave my buddy at home alone for more than a few hours at a time, days alone are out of the question.

Your cat is like a family member, so is mine, so of course worry is normal. I feel bad going out for a few hours leaving him all alone even though he is fine. We usually spend 20+ hours of the day together. 7 days a week. We are attached. AND bonded.

I understand your thinking,..we have similar living arrangements/schedules. Most people I think would think our thinking is nuts. Not that I care what other people think,I just worry that at some point in the next decade I would like to travel to a few places where bringing the cat wouldn't be practical. I feel like I should start her earlier rather than later, if she needs to get used to being alone. Maybe another cat would help? I think a cat sitter would be pointless because I feel like she would wonder where I was and that I had abandoned her. She was a stray, so I don't want her to feel deserted.

My cat is smart and I don't worry about the litter box, but she is nowhere near as comfortable around other people as your cat. She just hasn't had any exposure to anyone but me really. I keep reading how taking your cat with you causes them anxiety and sickness and all sorts of terrible things. Probably a bunch of articles written by cat sitters and kennels owners.

IAG
I would love to do that, but I don't think I'm cut out to drive a big vehicle like that. Mr. X what was the most magnificent or breathtaking single thing you have seen in the United States? I feel like I need to see something magnificent like the Grand Canyon..maybe I should revisit the idea of skydiving or something. I need to see something to make me feel alive. 605 winters are brutal.

If you want to feel alive, maybe you should focus on doing some things you don't think you're cut out to do. There no reason, for example, that you can't drive an RV. Maybe it actually doesn't appeal to you, but don't limit yourself. Take on something scary if it sounds like it gets you to a place you would like to be.

Most breathtaking I've seen would be the John Muir section of the PCT in the high Sierra. That would require a bit of backpacking. Not sure if you're into that. Zion is ridiculously beautiful, with some challenging and very cool day hikes. Glacier is also silly-beautiful, but I haven't been there in a long long time. The Utah national parks are very good.

Last edited:
My Sadiebelle was skittish around other people. Technically, she hated everyone but me. However, for vacation, I would set up multiple litterboxes in her area and arranged for someone to come feed her and make sure she had plenty of fresh water. She would hide when they came in but otherwise, she did well. She normally hid whenever anyone came over any way because if she saw them she would hiss at them, then run and hide.

My Sadiebelle was skittish around other people. Technically, she hated everyone but me. However, for vacation, I would set up multiple litterboxes in her area and arranged for someone to come feed her and make sure she had plenty of fresh water. She would hide when they came in but otherwise, she did well. She normally hid whenever anyone came over any way because if she saw them she would hiss at them, then run and hide.

You were probably not as constantly around the cat like we are though right? Maybe you were. What was the longest period of time that you were gone? and she didn't act angry with you when you returned...or extra happy to see you like she was lonely while you were gone? That would be my preference, if I knew she wouldn't be upset that I was gone.

Last edited:
MrX
If you want to feel alive, maybe you should focus on doing some things you don't think you're cut out to do. There no reason, for example, that you can't drive an RV. Maybe it actually doesn't appeal to you, but don't limit yourself. Take on something scary if it sounds like it gets you to a place you would like to be.

Most breathtaking I've seen would be the John Muir section of the PCT in the high Sierra. That would require a bit of backpacking. Not sure if you're into that. Zion is ridiculously beautiful, with some challenging and very cool day hikes. Glacier is also silly-beautiful, but I haven't been there in a long long time. The Utah national parks are very good.

I actually saw that area on a top 10 list of most beautiful places in America this morning. I think my backpacking days are behind me not that they were ever in front of me....I can walk a great distance, but not used to doing so in the hilly areas or with a backpack.

I don't even feel comfortable driving a uhaul small truck. The other part of that is I would want to be looking at things and would be too scared to look off the road if I was driving something that large. The RV thing has always sounded awesome to me, but I think I need to wait till I find someone who would like to do that and could be my driver. For now I may have to hope the cat adjusts to the car, or just fly to my destinations and Rent-A-Car to the scenic location.

now I remember, I once drove a cat to Vegas. All Mr.x's fault

IAG
You were probably not as constantly around the cat like we are though right? Maybe you were. What was the longest period of time that you were gone? and she didn't act angry with you when you returned...or extra happy to see you like she was lonely while you were gone? That would be my preference, if I knew she wouldn't be upset that I was gone.

I did go to work for most of her life. I had her 13 years but spent a good deal of time with her. She slept on the small of back at night and would beat me with her paws if she thought I moved too much. Her favorite season was winter when I would put the electric blanket on the bed or had the gas heaters lit for her to wallow in front of. Although there was that one year, she decapitated a wise man when she moved into the Nativity scene we had out at Christmas. He was in her way.

"Plommer is a fuckin embarrassing white trash loser" = cat thread.

Who woulda guessed?