• Replies 9 Comments
  • Views 881 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
My nephew came to visit his uncle plommer the other day, my brother brought him down from Ottawa for a visit during March break.

The kid was born in the USA to an American mother and Canadian father, he lived the first 2 yrs of his life in Florida then moved to Ottawa with his dad, he will grow up in Canada as a dual citizen, Canadian citizenship is automatic since his father is Canadian.

The kid has a good sense of humour and understands uncle plommer likes to joke around alot.

The other day I asked him to recite the US pledge of Allegiance. He looked at me with a look of confusion and then said he doesn't know what I'm talking about - to which I replied "that is the correct answer kid". Subsequent requests for him to recite the pledge are met with a very loud response of: "I'm CANADIAN uncle plommer - sheesh"

The kid is an American for convenience and a Canadian at heart. Uncle plommer likes this.

If you have any decency as a human being, stay completely out of the kid's life! Scary! Very scary! :hides:

If you have any decency as a human being, stay completely out of the kid's life! Scary! Very scary! :hides:
Not possible, the kid loves his uncle, and the feeling is very mutual, the kid is great and I will be part of his life until I die.

When he is old enough, I will make sure to have him register to vote in US elections so that we can tell him who we want to vote for.
This is a nice perk for a Canadian.

Some day the kid will realize how his dad fucked up his life.

Some day the kid will realize how his dad fucked up his life.

No doubt, but gonna try to look at the glass half full! At least Plommer isn't a pedophile! :hides:

No doubt, but gonna try to look at the glass half full! At least Plommer isn't a pedophile! :hides:
The kid has a good thing going, as a dual US/Canadian the border is meaningless to him, he can enter Canada or the US at will when he is an adult, he can live and work or go to school in either country without needing permission from immigration. This is a nice setup.

Always nice to hear when children get saved and have a second chance. Goog job uncle plommy!

Always nice to hear when children get saved and have a second chance. Goog job uncle plommy!

Yeah tell me about it RJ. MOving back to Canada must have been a big relief for his father.

BTW - I posted a link to apartment/prices the other day. Did you get it?