• Replies 6 Comments
  • Views 538 Views

Vegas Dave

Not a Real GameLiver
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Embracing my inner nerd. Have been listening to this funny Dungeons and Dragons podcast for the last couple of years ("Not Another D&D Podcast") and have been meaning to give it a try. Finally did. It was pretty amusing! I will return next week.

Have any of you ever played? Might have to boot up a GameLive online campaign...

I've never played before. Interested in checking it out.

Boners an expert at most of those nerd games.

I think it's one of those things Blitty that with the right crowd would be super entertaining and with the wrong crowd super lame. Hoping to convince a group of friends to play, if everyone is drinking and no one is taking things too seriously it should be pretty glorious.

Played for a bit in high school, it was a huge time-suck. I had painted my own Heroes of the Lance characters. Gave them to my first GF - now that I think about it she never gave them back. :ohmy:

Yeahhhh I could see the time-suck, for sure. Happy these sessions are timed, could imagine things getting out of hand if you are just riffing.

WE MUST PROCURE THOSE MINIATURES CALL HER UP!!!

Yeah I dabbled in pencil/paper in college. It's all about having a quality DM.

Heres a fun tip. Level up a bunch and then for no reason (except those held dear to your character) lay waste to the whole party. Hahah. That really pisses the true nerds off.

Decided to start my own D&D campaign. Asked FB friends who wanted to play. Five showed interest!

Sent them all an email asking them what their availability is like and what they want to do for their character. No response from all five yet.

Being a nerd is hard!