Pics where I'm not sure where to put it

• Start date
  • Replies 2,507 Comments
  • Views 124,742 Views
Those are my boys Feliks Zemdegs and Max Park in the thumbnail.

Max Park is the new Michael Jordan of cubing. Feliks used to hold most world records before Max came along.

Ima watch that shiz.

So when the cube gets lifted the counter starts and when placed the counter stops?

No, the time starts when you lift your hands off the timer device, then it stops when you slam your hands back down.

The top cubers can do up to 16 moves per second. I can do ~10 when I go through the handful of algorithms I've committed to muscle memory. These guys have assimilated hundreds.

Yeah, that shit is so fucking dumb. Being able to solve one quickly is a cool skill, id like to learn that at some point. But complete mastery isn't even very complicated. After you learn all the algorithms, which I'm sure for a 4x4 is WAY below what the human mind can achieve its just a mechanical pursuit. The only way to add challenge is increase the number of squares.

Being really good at something involving changing circumstances or something versus an opponent is much more complicated than cubing.

The man lives a life of playing with guitars and rubix cubes.

I respect that.

I respect it too. I'm sure its as dumb as a lot of stuff I pursue.

Its just not that hard. Its basically a step up from being really good at multiplication in your head.

Give me a dozen of the top 100 cubers and a dozen of the top Call of Duty players side by side for example and im MUCH more in awe of the Call of Duty players.

Yeah, that shit is so fucking dumb. Being able to solve one quickly is a cool skill, id like to learn that at some point. But complete mastery isn't even very complicated. After you learn all the algorithms, which I'm sure for a 4x4 is WAY below what the human mind can achieve its just a mechanical pursuit. The only way to add challenge is increase the number of squares.

Being really good at something involving changing circumstances or something versus an opponent is much more complicated than cubing.
The bigger cubes just take longer, they're not harder. In fact, they are easier in that they allow you to make a couple mistakes without destroying your time. On 3x3 if you stop for even a second to look at the cube, you're done.

I disagree that "complete mastery isn't very complicated". You need to memorize a shitton of stuff, then practice every algorithm up to warp speed, to get to the point where you can inspect a cube for just 15 seconds and then consistently solve it under 10.

It's certainly more complicated than guitar shredding, for one. And that can look pretty impressive.

yeah, on twitch right now there's about 100k people watching that game being played

I will say that Mattys obsession and linking vids has caused me to watch many minutes/hours of extreme domino set ups.

Speaking of Matty's obsession

Guess what I got myself with Mommy Rain's $100 Amazon gift card (hint: it's not a 3x3 speed cube)

...it's all the other WCA-approved sizes 😁
IMG_20201123_091900.jpg