Pics where I'm not sure where to put it

• Start date
  • Replies 2,515 Comments
  • Views 125,572 Views
Not you plommer

FB_IMG_1627867417231.jpg

I'm sure real audiophiles get some benefit from a whole home Sonos system but seems to me that echos in every room (not the dot) get you 95% of the way there?

Wait. Is vinyl still the cool thing to do?

Or should I scrap that setup I just got and buy something else?

20210802_215716.jpg

I'm a few deep into these tonight with a little hash. The Kilkenny has a plastic ball inside, anyone know why?

I found out.

Here's why there's a weird plastic ball in a can of Guinness.

That little gadget is called a "widget," and you should be thankful for it. It's making your beer taste like it was just poured fresh from the tap.

A widget is a hollow, spherical piece of plastic with a tiny hole in it — it looks like a little ping pong ball.

During the canning process, brewers add pressurized nitrogen to the brew, which trickles into the hole along with a little bit of beer. The entire can is then pressurized.

When you open the can, the pressure inside the can drops to equalize with the pressure in the room. Since the pressure inside the widget is still much higher than the pressure in the beer around it, the nitrogenated beer from inside the widget squirts into the beer — providing a burst of tiny bubbles of nitrogen gas that rise to the top of beer, giving it a thick, creamy head you'd get straight from the tap.

Wish I could bro.

Chillin where I am.

We will have to catch drinks in Vegas or wherever though.