• Replies 7 Comments
  • Views 747 Views

RogueScholar

I love you, Chord!
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Well, it's time for the annual warm-up event for The Masters, the Shell Houston Open. I can't believe that we're already in spring and the first major golf tournament of the year is just a few days away. Anyhow, I like these run-up events because it gives a chance for the little guys to make a good showing before meeting up with the heavyweights at the next stop, and certain golfers seem to do well at these events each year. My wager for this tournament is:

Hunter Mahan Top 10 Finish +200 (50Pennies)

A few stats that support this pick:

Finishes in tournaments before majors last year: 6th, 14th, 2nd, & 4th

Previous finishes on this course: 5th, 6th, 11th & cut

He won just last month in Phoenix so his game appears to be dialed in early this year. He's a native Californian but went to college at Oklahoma State and now resides in Texas so this is typically his chances to show off for family and friends. Overall, I think he stands an excellent chance of cashing this bet at relatively generous odds.

he's a weird guy, damn good at golf though.

he's a weird guy, damn good at golf though.

I don't really know anything about him outside of what I see on the courses throughout the tour. You got any more human insights on him, Durito?

Not playing it but hope it cashes for you. +192 was the best available at Betfair this a.m. so you got a good price.

durito don't you have a buddy that plays pro?

Kevin stadler, who is how i met mahan, ill give that story when i get home. Stads is leading early so far in houston at -6

Stads finished the day tied for the lead, while Mahan is T87 at +2. :banghead: