Pennsylvania newlywed couple meet a man through craigslist and kill him for thrills

• Start date
  • Replies 18 Comments
  • Views 1,493 Views

vagabond

doldrums
Since
Sep 12, 2010
Score
Tokens
http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-accuse-newlyweds-thrill-kill-murder/story?id=21134460

A newlywed couple is facing homicide charges after they allegedly lured a man to their car through Craigslist and killed him for the thrill of it.

Elyette Barbour, 22, and his wife Miranda Barbour 18, were married just three weeks when they allegedly killed Troy Laferrara, 42, after setting up a meeting with him on Craigslist .

Police said Elyette Barbour told investigators that the couple wanted to kill someone together, according to ABC News affiliate WNEP in Scranton, Pa.

According to police in Sunbury, Pa., Elyette Barbour said the couple had tried to kill other people in the past but were not successful until they met with Laferrara.

Police said they were also reviewing the death of the biological father of Miranda Barbour's 1-year-old child, according to the Daily Item in Sunbury.

Elyette Barbour told the Daily Item on Wednesday that his wife hired herself out as a "companion" to men online, but that she did not engage in sexual activities.

Police arrested Miranda Barbour on Tuesday and she was charged with homicide Wednesday. She had allegedly told police that she met Laferrara through Craigslist and met him only once. According to police, Barbour said that after picking up Laferrara at a mall, she stabbed him only after he put his hands around her neck and groped her.

On Friday, Elyette Barbour was arrested after allegedly admitting to police that he had been hiding in the back seat of his wife's car under a blanket when she met Laferrara.

He allegedly told police that after his wife signaled him he jumped out and wrapped a cord around Laferrara's neck as his wife stabbed him. Laferrara's body was found with 20 stab wounds, according to police.

WTF is wrong with people? Do you think they are both mentally ill? Just evil? Illuminati?

Maybe it was #1 on their bucket list, with #2 being life in prison.

Seriously isn't that where Cami and Steve live...or near there?

IAG
Seriously isn't that where Cami and Steve live...or near there?

I didn't want to say anything about those two until we hear from them directly.

I know they are both very kinky but I'm sure they draw they line at murder. Well Bacon anyway.

According to police in Sunbury, Pa., Elyette Barbour said the couple had tried to kill other people in the past but were not successful until they met with Laferrara.

Wonder what wrong. I bet a few CL freaks are counting their blessings after reading that article.

That's just unreal to me. What IS wrong with people!??

Sorta reminiscent of the old Leopold and Loeb case.

It was a case from awhile back (the 30's?) of a couple of rich University students who decided to kill someone just to see if they could. Part of it was challenging themselves to commit the perfect crime and I think there was a whole philosophical aspect to it for them.

Anyway they killed a kid and got caught and convicted. It was a high profile thing and was the basis of the Hitchcock movie Rope, among other stuff.

The similarity with this is they basically killed for no motive other than the thrill.

guy looks like a trustworthy upstanding citizen

go figure

Men used to hire this fat woman as a "companion" (with no sex). Why would anyone do it?

It was a case from awhile back (the 30's?) of a couple of rich University students who decided to kill someone just to see if they could. Part of it was challenging themselves to commit the perfect crime and I think there was a whole philosophical aspect to it for them.

Anyway they killed a kid and got caught and convicted. It was a high profile thing and was the basis of the Hitchcock movie Rope, among other stuff.

The similarity with this is they basically killed for no motive other than the thrill.
Wow....and from the 1930s? Double wow.

IAG
Wow....and from the 1930s? Double wow.

Lots of murder cases are well documented from back then. Lots of serial killers at the turn of the century.

Lizzie Borden took an axe
And gave her mother forty whacks.
When she saw what she had done
She gave her father forty-one.

lol

1892 CSI

dmeDtCj.jpg

Y4yayUB.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizzie_Borden

Did you guys happen to see Capote? with Seymour Hoffman? I thought that was really well done. (Waiting on MC review)

Yes I saw it. Just the once so far. I don't have a rating up at imdb so I guess it was before I started doing that, but I thought it was very good and will probably grab it for another look next time I see it in my listings.

I am a big Philip Seymour Hoffman fan and thought it was a well-deserved Oscar.

He should totally have won again last year for Supporting Actor for The Master - he was head and shoulders above the other nominees - but don't get me started - I digress.

Yes, Capote ---> good movie.

(PS - the Leopold and Loeb case was actually 1924.)