• Replies 55 Comments
  • Views 4,181 Views

RogueScholar

I love you, Chord!
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Give me your best arguments for the merits of organic farming practices, I'm taking all comers. You have been warned, be armed with studies.

:bat:

Organic farming is best and I'll tell you why: it sounds good. I don't know anything about the topic and I don't have any studies to present but it sure sounds good.

Case closed.

The organic veges are probably 2X the price of regular ones. Not that we are cheap, just don't trust the people harvesting it that the veges come out of the ground any differently? Are they supposed to be healthier?

Next time in the supermarket, check out the major brand toothpaste manufacturers. See how they say Cavity Protection, Advanced Whitening, Super this, Super that? Then go to the ingredients and see that alot of them are the exact same thing? Not all, but some. Sneaking marketing bastards. Trust no one but loyal GL posters! :thumbup:

It is a marketing term, most sane people realize this.

Instead, buy local.

I have not done any in depth research on the pros of organic farming but I do know that the "organic" beef tenderloin from Whole Foods tastes much better than the beef tenderloin at the local supermarket.

Also, organic eggs/egg whites >>>> supermarket eggs.

This is all from a taste standpoint mind you.

And I very much agree w/ 5Teamer reference buying local.

I'm with you Scholar - I like to keep my farming as simple as possible. Regular farming it is.

buylocal.jpg

Mrs X, you are a lightening rod for sure! I might need to get a better surge protector? :yes:

during the summer I get my veges from my garden,
they taste 1000% better.
I dont think I grow organically though since I have been known to use some kind of pest killers when the need comes.

hmmm, homegrown tomaters.
only about another month and I'll have plenty

Boy Naughty Mommy could possibly school you on this. Let me see if I can get her on here.

Yeah I thought about this more yesterday.

Organic farming is not bullshit. It may be overrated but to call the entire organic farming industry bullshit is painting with a very broad brush

To clarify, there are bullshit aspects of the industry but to just come out and say "ORgaNIc fARmINg iS BulLShiT!!!!!11111" doesn't cut it with me.

they use bull shit in organic farming. china they grow organic veg with used tampons.

^^^i think pads are more widely used than tampons.