• Replies 71 Comments
  • Views 4,276 Views

Tron

Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
I need a new laptop.

Something to save music, photos and videos on and play online poker.

And for Gamelive power posting during the shutdown.

Any recommendations on places to order from?

Anyone have a laptop that they’re particularly fond of?

It’s a slow day please forgive me for making a separate thread.

:pokemato:

I have a Dell Latitude E6440 that I love, been with me for awhile and it has survived some tough stuff. I5 processor so not top of the line, but not bad at all. Pretty cheap on Amazon. and plenty to accomplish all of your goals.

I swear by my IPad Pro for screw around stuff.

I have an Amazon Fire which is only like $50 (tremendous value) , and you can play on many sites. Good luck multi-tabling though.

I don’t think you can play online poker on iPads though

You can’t? That I wouldn’t know. I never play online poker actually. Interesting

Close to pulling the trigger on a 13” MacBook Air. Would get delivered in 10-14 days.

Goes for a G, though.

Check the apple refurb page if you must go that way. Save a couple hundy, apple certified.

Otherwise, just get a cheap hp or something, shouldn't have to spend more than $400.

I always buy the best-reviewed sub-$500 laptop I can find, refurbished if possible. Last two were Lenovos.

I’ve been procrastinating.

I shouldn’t spend $1000 on a laptop.

So I’m leaning refurbished Mac Air from the Apple site

The apple computers are just not worth it imo, at least if you mostly want to pay for performance. No matter how you slice it they're like an additional 60% just for styling/appearance

The apple computers are just not worth it imo, at least if you mostly want to pay for performance. No matter how you slice it they're like an additional 60% just for styling/appearance and not having to deal with nonsense malware

agreed

Guys, I’m not a tech guy. My only experiences with Windows laptops is malware and more malware. And non-compatibility with my iPhone.

I’m not saying you guys are wrong.

Once Apple computers became popular they became attractive targets for lotsa that crap. Its still less than pc for sure but that value has gone down significantly.

I get it, they're sleak and sexy and if you're living in their trap/ecosystem they're a viable option. I had one from '06-09ish. For me, I treat my laptop almost like a disposable item. I reformat it frequently, don't really keep much on it that I can't afford to loose and I don't think twice about taking it to the pool, spilling something on it or dropping it. The last laptop I bought cost $279. I wouldn't feel the same about an $800 appliance.

Get the refurbished air and you'll be happy with it.

Just got my wife's computer in yesterday. Same as the one I bought a few years ago on Black Friday. Lenovo Yoga 740. Solid state hard drive was a big key for me. Paid $899 for hers I believe. I have never had issues with mine so I assume hers will work just as well.