omg we must stop Joseph Kony

• Start date
  • Replies 58 Comments
  • Views 3,399 Views
then i guess i speak on my opinion of everyone who watched it then.

i mean that it's a sham it's obvious hence my laugh in the first post

but that they nailed it is no doubt, millions flowing to their coffers right now

Women in particular are falling for it. Lots of hysterical mommies on Facebook have been turned into Invisible Children ambassadors overnight. :facepalm:

Let's start our own charity - Gamelive Children. Who do we wanna stop? Calvin Ayre? I bet he recruited a bunch of underage ho's to parade by his side. We'll set up a Paypal account, pay ourselves a reasonable-but-comfy salary (those Invisible Children dudes are paying themselves $85-90k) and pretend that our happy-go-lucky nature can save the world.

#STOPCALVIN

text it

i mean that it's a sham it's obvious hence my laugh in the first post

but that they nailed it is no doubt, millions flowing to their coffers right now

yeah i got you

Do I need to get a fake child so we can make a moving youtube video about a poor mother and her young son?

My main problem is that this Russell guy is obviously part of that sub-species that is all about self-marketing. The overly emotional scenes with his son are uncomfortable to watch.

Well said Hallmark.

:bashing:

YAY Hallmark!!!!

Invisible Children has been around for a long time I think.

I think they've always gotten subpar ratings on the charity index's on how they manage their money...

read this article this morning and laughed at how quixotic and just down right delusional this guy is.....

let me say that all in all, I think the stupid video is positive in that it at least brings to light to a broader more mainstream audience, that there are some shitty things going on in countries we don't think of too much.... and if you get a few inspired people out of every million to watch the video, that do more research and maybe get involved on a deeper level. I guess that is a positive thing

Faced with mounting criticism over the controversial viral video Kony 2012, now viewed 36 million times on YouTube, the filmmaker behind efforts to arrest Ugandan warlord Joseph Kony took to the airwaves Thursday, mounting a passionate and at times strange defence of the online campaign.

Revealing the film about catching the head of the Lord’s Resistance Army rebel group had raised $5-million in just 48 hours, Jason Russell responded to claims the campaign would end in bloodshed by suggesting Kony could be caught without causing deaths because humans “put man on the moon.”

Despite unprecedented publicity for the film, which has won the backing of global celebrities including Rihanna, Justin Bieber and Ryan Gosling, the charity responsible, Invisible Children, has been denounced as “irresponsible” and “immoral” while others have have questioned whether a global manhunt for a war criminal should be mounted using re-tweets, T-shirts, bracelets and posters.

When Toronto DJs Roz and Mocha, hosts at the KiSS 92.5 radio station, suggested it will be nearly impossible to avoid deaths in a bid to capture the violent and elusive warlord, and that someone will likely step in to take his place, filmmaker Jason Russell compared arresting Mr. Kony without bloodshed to landing on the moon.

“You really should do your research because this is a very unique and special case in which people do not have to die,” Mr. Russell said.

“We put a man on the moon. That’s what we did as human beings. People maybe should have died doing that but we figured it out.”

The key to capturing Mr. Kony is to outsmart him, Mr. Russell said in the interview.

“We have to use our technology and resources and human power to ask him to surrender because we don’t want this to end bloody,” he said, calling Mr. Kony “the world’s worst criminal.”

“We don’t want bombs being dropped. We don’t want a bullet through his head. We want him alive. That’s the win.”

Mr. Russell said he sees a “beautiful ending” to the manhunt that ends with Mr. Kony surrendering peacefully, boarding a helicopter and being tried in the International Criminal Court.

“I believe that [Mr. Kony] is listening to what’s going on the world right now. I believe that he can hear our voice. I believe he needs to hear we accept his surrender,” Mr. Russell said. “We will take him in handcuffs to the Hague.”

Like I said. Extremely ghey and suspect.

Wtf????

Plenty of criminals this prick could look for in his own country. Like that judge who sent kids to private prisons for kick backs. I'm sure that behavior is an isolated incident :rolleyes:

Plenty of criminals this prick could look for in his own country. Like that judge who sent kids to private prisons for kick backs. I'm sure that behavior is an isolated incident :rolleyes:

yep.....

need to start a group of vigilantes that act on tips to find and expose sicko's like Sandusky.

I'd like to see this guy make a film telling his little boy what Jerry Sandusky really does with lil boys in the shower....