• Start date
  • Replies 6 Comments
  • Views 688 Views

gregm

Since
Mar 14, 2011
Score
Tokens
Article talking about popularity of betting on college basketball brackets and nhls new playoff format with seeding. Office pools on everything now and even the women I know who dont watch much sports do brackets for college basketball. Should be alot easier to set up office pools.

NHLs new playoff format is all about gambling, isnt it?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...s-all-about-gambling--isn-t-it-181254769.html

some points from the article

"But the NHL has gone they way of March Madness and this is no coincidence in locking in the seeds through to the Stanley Cup Final"

"The League now has a sponsored Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge on its home page, in which you pick the series winners, the number of games and, as a tie-breaker, the total goals scored in the Stanley Cup Final, just like you pick the total score of the NCAA mens basketball final as a tie-breaker in March Madness which, again, is no coincidence."

"College basketball, in general, is super easy to wager on. Casual fans who wouldnt know UConn from Conn Smythe tune to for March Madness because they filled out a bracket online or at the office and are playing along with the tournament.

According to the FBI, more than $2.5 billion was illegally wagered on the NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament in 2012 (that includes office pools) and over $12 billion was wagered worldwide on March Madness. Thats a lot of people with a financial lure to tune in for the tournament. "

2014playoffbracket.jpg

According to the FBI, more than $2.5 billion was illegally wagered on the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament in 2012 (that includes office pools) and over $12 billion was wagered worldwide on March Madness.

big chunk in asia

According to the FBI, more than $2.5 billion was illegally wagered on the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament in 2012 (that includes office pools) and over $12 billion was wagered worldwide on March Madness.

:ahawut:

What was the other $9.5 billion wagered on? Women's Tournament? NIT?

NM. I'm dumb.

Anyone else getting the stop internet gambling tweets on twitter? I've seen them every day as a sponsored site.