• Replies 14 Comments
  • Views 1,035 Views

Bread

Current Corpse
Since
Jan 20, 2010
Score
Tokens
What happens if your home team doesn't sell out and the NFL blacks out your game?

Do you get to watch the network's nationally televised game, or do you get nothing?

Read today that many Tampa Bay games will be blackouts.

I hate watching the Bucs, but it's better than no game at all.

since we have no nfl team in utah, never have to worry about it.

would getting the ticket on directv be a fix, or would those games be blacked out as well?

I am not sure but I am pretty sure they would show another game from another market.

what really sucks is that it used to be blacked out in a 35 mile radius, now its 75. way to alienate what little fans you have left.

I believe the network will show a different game. Or at least that's how it used to work.

Well then this is great news then! I actually get to watch relevant NFC games like Dallas-Philly or N.O.-NYG instead of being stuck with TB-Atl every week??

SWEET!!

Here in Raiders territory, we just get the shaft. If the Raiders get blackedout, then typically we only get one afternoon NFL game. Oh, and it's 150 mile radius here, I'm about 141 miles from Oakland as the crow flies.

Bread, bookmark this for your reference. This guy collates all the network decisions re: NFL Games, you can see whether you've been blacked out and if the network has decided to broadcast another game it'll show you that too. It can be interesting, sometimes a single station will change games two or three times between Friday and Sunday morning.

http://the506.com/nflmaps/

Thanks for link. Now just remind me that I bookmarked it when I am all confused come football season.

I would not mind at all if they blacked out Bills games here.

who had the most blackouts last year? I remember Cleveland was supposed to have alot, but in the early fall when I was there visiting the future in-laws. I remember for that sunday game some enitity (i wanna say a local news station or somthing) bought the rights or the # of tickets needed to get it on tv...

I don't know if Jacksonville had the most but all I kept hearing was how bad things were in Jacksonville.

I don't believe they broadcast a game if yours is blacked out. The games are also blacked out on DirecTV.

I talk to a guy in Michigan, and I think about every Detroit game last yr was blacked out,
at least it seemed like it.