NFL Conference Championship Weekend 2014 Thread

mrquincy

Generally Specific
Since
Feb 24, 2011
Score
Tokens
What do we like or not like? When it gets this late in the season; I usually tend to lean towards the underdog and the points.

NE @ DEN; Den -5.5; o/u 55

SF @ SEA; Seattle -3.5; o/u 39

If the lines stay like this I will probably take SF and NE (with the points). Hard to think that either the Pats or the Niners are going to lose by more than a field goal..but that's just me.

Based on the strength of the Sea @ SF defence, I may also lean towards the under 39.

Edit: Just read/heard that Percy Harvin is still out for Seattle until he passes concussion protocol. That guy looked amazing last week.

I can see the 49ers getting punked again. Seattle with the best HFA and I'm not going against that. I'll play NE ML. If they can run on Denver, they will win. Denver D was very good last week, I need to see that again.

Bump for tomorrow... God forbid someone else chime in their 2 c

Looks like Percy Harvin is out for tomorrow. He was playing very well before he got smoked twice last week. I think that is a big loss to the Seahawks offence.

I haven't placed any bets yet, but I think it is going to be difficult to take either of the favorites with the point spread.... I cannot see San Fran tanking again in Seattle (losing yes, tanking no.)

Last edited:
Only thing I like is the Denver -4.5 -110 that I got a while ago.

I've got -150? Teaser

Den o51 + sf + 10.5 (number may be off but you get the idea)

And parlay

Pats (+195) + Sea u39.5 (+104)

Prolly get down on some props near gametime

im getting teased from every direction...biggest being the favs...gl

I would not bet SF. Cheer for them, yes, but wager? No.

Main reason is a betting angle I have in my head - it will probably be stuck in there for the rest of my life. For decades one of the most reliable bets was going against a team on their third consecutive road game. It hit something like 58% ATS, as I say, for decades.

I only wished the situation would come up more often.

A couple of caveats here. That was regular season and I found that many regular season angles didn't apply in the playoffs - for all sports (which is why I never put real bets on playoffs). Also, SF's third consecutive road game was actually last week - this is their 4th.

However it would stand to reason to me that whatever was leading teams to do badly in their 3rd consec road game would be at least as pronounced for a 4th.

Or maybe not :dunno:

Anyway it would be either Seattle or no play for me.

:thinking:

Took the over in the game with two of the greatest QBs ever. Leaning Denver. Not sure about NFC

The lines have moved on Pinny to -5 Denver o/u 56.5; -4 Seattle o/u 40

I'm already invested in New England

$212 if Patriots win today and another $816 if they win it all, plus the thread pot if Patriots take it.

209948826-1 11/17/13 11:21am $53.00 $212.00 Pending 11/17/13 1:00pm Football NFL AFC Conference - New England Patriots +400

222074136-1 1/12/14 7:20am $28.00 $155.40 Pending 1/12/14 1:00pm Football NFL Super Bowl XLVIII - New England Patriots +555*

221368060-1 1/8/14 5:58pm $28.00 $217.00 Pending 1/11/14 4:35pm Football NFL Super Bowl XLVIII - New England Patriots +775*

222079004-1 1/12/14 9:12am $80.00 $444.00 Pending 1/12/14 1:00pm Football NFL Super Bowl XLVIII - New England Patriots +555*

Just banged Denver -4.5 -110 at 5Dimes

Agree with Muddy. SEA or no play in terms of a side but the time to play SEA was a week ago.

First player to score a TD Patriots/Broncos

Demaryius Thomas vs. Field +690

Play on field at +690

just got mauled by a group on pats/hawks/ov in den tease :sbrjohn:

fw, clear me out a little spot in the back of the truck...thanks

I just took NE +5; That's all I got so far. I just could not go against Brady/Belichick combination;

How many rushing yards will LeGarrette Blount (NE) record? Over 72.5

:common:

Expecting Denver to blow em out.

Muddy, wouldn't there be some record for 4th road game in a row too? Or maybe they never schedule it like that.