New Stones song

• Start date
  • Replies 36 Comments
  • Views 2,646 Views
will never understand their popularity...extremely overrated shit...same sound for 50yrs (annoying as fuck):boo:

they are one band that you couldnt get me to go see even if you bribed me with coke and hookers for a week... i couldnt sit through an entire show :donthinkso:

IMO, of course:rolling:

Greg, as an example of bands remaining as good as ever despite their age, compare this video to that Stones footage and you'll see the difference, it's the ad lib 2nd half of My Generation and they're as good as they've ever been, literally. Idiots like me would say even better.

Greg, as an example of bands remaining as good as ever despite their age, compare this video to that Stones footage and you'll see the difference, it's the ad lib 2nd half of My Generation and they're as good as they've ever been, literally. Idiots like me would say even better.

Thanks for posting this mike, just forwarded this to a few musician friends, thats an incredible version of that tune. I have never seen that show. Losing guys like Entwistle or Moon through the years arent exactly minor losses, but Daltery and Pete are just incredible together. Great sound to this show. I remember their live performance at the tribute for new york city after 9/11, so many of the other performers said they just stole the show. I do miss the Ox though, coolest bass player ever. Played bass lines like lead guitar

You have to skip forward to about the 30 sec mark in this and then it starts. If you turn it up real loud you can hear the track from the soundboard in the background. And to your point, this is practically lead/rhthym/bass all in one.

As for the Concert For New York, literally unforgettable, David Bowie said it was the most emotional concert performance he'd ever witnessed.

Interestingly, they're back there in a couple of weeks, same sort of show, Hurricane Sandy Relief concert.

Great stuff Mike. I hope you stick around here, good to see someone with shared musical tastes. Are you in england?

Do you like 60s mod music or any northern soul? I was listening to this tonight

I wish more of the firm docs had good music . Here in america if you ride a scooter/vespa in the suburbs, its probably because you got a DWI. lol. The Faces , one of my favorites

If you like ronnie lane or the faces, you have to see this. One of the best documentaries I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Love the old Northern Soul stuff, remember Dobie Gray - Out On The Floor like it was yesterday, although I was more of a Mod, into The Jam at first, then Style Council then Paul Weller on his own, he's still around now. Loved the Lou Lawton track and don't get me started about The Faces. I've got an old CD of theirs that's a bootloeg from about 1974, it's superb and I just found Wish It Would Rain from that very cd on youtube. Enjoy this and if you're a musician, liten to how tight these guys were in their prime.

I'm In Los Angeles, have been for qute a few years.

Last edited:
Rogue I just watched this movie last night, you can get it on netflix instant queue

My dad actually rented a villa there on a boat trip he took with some friends but he said the island is tiny.

I would love to rent this, lol. Mick rents his house out on house on Mustique

mick1.jpg

This is one of badder caribbean homes I have seen, David Copperfield owns his own island. Supposedly he had some shenanigans with a lady a while back on this island and she pressed rape charges, he ended up making it disappear. He said she was just riding around on a wave runner and having fun all weekend, she said he held her there against her will. I find the story hard to believe, you have your own island and you have to resort to that to get laid? It seems a little far fetched and she has had a history of trying to extort men for money

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2011656202_copperfield21m.html

musha-cay-and-the-islands-of-copperfield-bay-13.jpg

musha-cay-and-the-islands-of-copperfield-bay-4.jpg

musha-cay-and-the-islands-of-copperfield-bay-24.jpg

cool pics to look up at..... just give us some more wonderful pics to look up at here...:dude:

Very cool tune Mike, a great cover of a soul song. How do you like LA, I lived in Northern California but its a different world up north climate wise. I am on the east coast and I long for Californian or Floridian weather and beaches right about now, California was a new world for me.

I wasn't a huge Jam fan, Pauls voice is so english, but I am a huge Style Council fan. "Long hot summer". "You are the best thing", "My ever changing moods". I was too young for the height of the punk years in 77 but The Clash is on my turntable all the time. I miss Joes music alot, I saw him with the Mescaleros, most punk hasnt really aged well but the Clash is eternal, just great rock and roll.

Love The Clash and love London's Burning.

"I'm up and down the Westway, in an' out the lights, what a great traffic system - it's so bright."

Everytime I entered London along The Westway I always thought of The Clash.

And The Magnificent 7. There's nothing left to say that hasn't already been said. And then Mick Jones went and topped it with Big Audio Dynamite.

Great B.A.D. tune mike. do you like oasis, this is one of best videos I have seen in awhile. oasis video in a tokyo setting

you ever watch top gear?

Keith bentley

kr_slide3.jpg

stones old cadillac

Rolling-Stones18.jpg

Senna is still king in Brazil. For a couple of years I was just a casual fan, the town got buzzing and it was a cool weekend thing but I didn't give a shit about the drivers, or the race, or keeping up with it. It was until I got exposed to Ayrton that I got into it, his story his old media, I saw bunch of it down there. The way he's still revere got me into the whole sport. Thanks, I didn't know about this movie.

The torcida of Corinthians always sings to him in every game.

2eb502b.jpg

In a country with hundreds of the most talented futebol stars he is probably the greatest sporting figure ever.

Great pics gregm! LOL Keith!

Great stuff mr.m , loved that Senna doc rogue, fascinating guy. cool Corinthians video. Happy birthday my friend!

I like that corinthians pic. senna is a great movie. Brasil in november. Monaco is a little over a week away

vue_terrasse_ermanno_GP_F.jpg_monaco_B.jpg

Circuit%20de%20Monaco.jpg

08_Michael_Cooper_Keith_Anita_and_Marlon_S_France_  71.jpg

9ea5c9b0-6586-11e0-b150-00144feab49a.img

0000442_keith_richards.jpeg

tumblr_lffggleFlU1qahkojo1_500.jpg

Last edited: