Need cheaper airfare

• Start date
  • Replies 66 Comments
  • Views 5,394 Views
Holy cripes that Spirit Airlines is cheap!!

My flight from LA to Vegas cost 1/3 of my flight from Melb > Syd > LA.

I did something wrong there obviously :loser:

You can bring a "personal item" on Spirit for free which the backpack falls under. The personal item must be smaller than 16 x 14 x 12

l.jpg

You can give it a try but sometimes they don't accept a backpack as a personal item. And if you have to pay for carry on, the price at the airport is $100.

$100 if the cunt at the security line entrance doesn't accept it.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1873878451001/

I can't fly anywhere for less than $250, and that's checking for heavy discounts.

Oh, does anyone remember how I gave the :up: to Spirit and bunch of backlash towards it! Now Spirit is great! Once again, "no good deed goes unpunished"!

You can give it a try but sometimes they don't accept a backpack as a personal item. And if you have to pay for carry on, the price at the airport is $100.

$100 if the cunt at the security line entrance doesn't accept it.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1873878451001/

Yeah. I refuse to give any airline that does that shit my business.

I booked a flight with American for $312 instead.

Spirit was $228 but probably would have been more with baggage fees.

AA will charge $25/30 baggage fees.

I take a carry-on and a backpack to avoid the baggage fees. Fuck them.

I only bring a carry-on and laptop bag.

Spirit charges for carry-ons.

Who doesn't charge for checked bags anymore?

I don't remember the last time I paid extra for baggage. All the major airlines in Canada allow one free checked bag, plus one carry-on and a backpack.

But yeah, no cheap fares to be found. I paid $900 to fly to Germany last month, and that was a decent deal.

Toronto-Montreal (1-hour flight) is typically $400, $250 off-peak.

:facepalm:

I only bring a carry-on and laptop bag.

Spirit charges for carry-ons.

Who doesn't charge for checked bags anymore?

SouthWest has 2 free checked bags.

SoV
SouthWest has 2 free checked bags.

Yeah. But they only fly into Midway. Not O'Hare.

Not an option.

The first come, first choice seating is horrendous too. I don't like to be at the airport any earlier than I have to.

The first come, first choice seating is horrendous too. I don't like to be at the airport any earlier than I have to.

it beats having to pay an extra $35 to choose a non-middle seat after you've already purchased the flight like some of these fucking scumbag airlines.

it beats having to pay an extra $35 to choose a non-middle seat after you've already purchased the flight like some of these fucking scumbag airlines.

If it's a choice between spending an extra hour at the airport or spending $35, I'd rather pay the fee.

If it's a choice between spending an extra hour at the airport or spending $35, I'd rather pay the fee.

im with you but my point is you dont know you are getting charged this $35 until after you've already made the initial flight purchase. when I buy a plane ticket I (i guess incorrectly) operate under the assumption that im not paying for the worst possible seat in the plane where I have to upgrade just to get a fucking window/aisle or middle seat in the front half of the plane.

i also think you are extremely exaggerating the aggravation of southwest's boarding process but thats another discussion

why is there a 3x difference in price between the "wanna get away" and the other options on Southwest? I've been on that plane. All the seats are three wide sardine cans. Who are the people paying $300 to Vegas instead of $85?

why is there a 3x difference in price between the "wanna get away" and the other options on Southwest? I've been on that plane. All the seats are three wide sardine cans. Who are the people paying $300 to Vegas instead of $85?

Wild guess - corporate customers and people who value paying more for shit than the average Joe. These people exist.

i used to work with a guy who would pay the 3x bc he got the points and the company had to pay for it. they prolly shoulda clamped down on that leak before they decided to not pay the irs the taxes they took out my paycheck.

otherwise no clue.