Since
Sep 10, 2010
Score
Tokens
what I want:

35-45 inches 42 seems ideal

1080p

120 HZ refresh rate

I think I want plasma but only bc i like the plasma i have for main room so can be convinced otherwise

for bedroom so viewing area doesnt really matter as long as I can rotate it to face my desk / bed

I'll be using it to watch pretty much exclusively sports/HBO/Showtime.

any suggestions on specific models or generally what I should be looking for?

i just got a 46 inch sony LED. its pretty sweet. its the first nice tv ive ever bought, it wasnt cheap.

choo....TigerDirect.com

i bought a 55' sony bravia 1080p, 240hz, 3D, LED for 1400 + no tax (awesomeness) + 170 (4yr warranty) its fucking amazing for the price... the same tv at best buy was 1900 + tax + 175 (3yr.warr) ... so i basically paid 700 or so less and had 2 day delivery...

here is the link to it....just click on the tv(says new 2011 sony) there on the page and it goes into more specs...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7258580&CatId=5990

:cheers:

Last edited:
buy an apple

oh wait thats not exactly the right one cus mine is the 240hz, motionflow 480 ... the one in the link is 120hz motionflow 240... but you get the idea...that tigerdirect site has great fucking deals

oh wait thats not exactly the right one cus mine is the 240hz, motionflow 480 ... the one in the link is 120hz motionflow 240... but you get the idea...that tigerdirect site has great fucking deals

RR knows his focken tvs. Listen to him. :rayray:

My only advice would be not to get a plasma TV when their are other better options out there!

yeah mr.m ... plasma is still considered the best for gaming though, lcd has a bit brighter picture and led has taken over everything as far as quality and life span...

Deuce claims that you cant tell the diff. in 120hz and 240hz if they were side by side, but i disagree...he has worked in tv sales, but dat nigga blind!

choo....TigerDirect.com

i bought a 55' sony bravia 1080p, 240hz, 3D, LED for 1400 + no tax (awesomeness) + 170 (4yr warranty) its fucking amazing for the price... the same tv at best buy was 1900 + tax + 175 (3yr.warr) ... so i basically paid 700 or so less and had 2 day delivery...

here is the link to it....just click on the tv(says new 2011 sony) there on the page and it goes into more specs...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7258580&CatId=5990

mine is a kdl55hx729 ... its not listed on the site now :choo: but im guessing you could ask about it... anyways, its that exact same tv just kicked up to 240hz... i couldnt find anything within 600 or so of the price i got...the no tax deal is great with them too

buy an apple

:bowdown: love you, fanboy

choo, after you buy an Apple, buy a Samsung LED. Looks VERY nice in HD. I have a 46" I'm my room.

what I want:

35-45 inches 42 seems ideal

1080p

120 HZ refresh rate

I think I want plasma but only bc i like the plasma i have for main room so can be convinced otherwise

for bedroom so viewing area doesnt really matter as long as I can rotate it to face my desk / bed

I'll be using it to watch pretty much exclusively sports/HBO/Showtime.

any suggestions on specific models or generally what I should be looking for?

i just got a 46 inch sony LED. its pretty sweet. its the first nice tv ive ever bought, it wasnt cheap.

choo....TigerDirect.com

He needs a TV between 35"-45".

i realize that pavy...thank you sir... a lot of times people associate the size of a tv with its price and i was simply pointing out that he can pruchase a bigger tv at this place for the same price as a smaller one somewhere else...makes sense unless it has to fit in a space above a fireplace or something...which it might..:dunno:

i realize that pavy...thank you sir... a lot of times people associate the size of a tv with its price and i was simply pointing out that he can pruchase a bigger tv at this place for the same price as a smaller one somewhere else...makes sense unless it has to fit in a space above a fireplace or something...which it might..:dunno:

Unless his bedroom is the size of the presidential suite at the Waldorf Astoria how is he going to fit a 92" TV in there Ray?

:owl:

thanks ive been perusing that site RR. hows 6ms response time vs. 8ms?

RayRay, I just bought a 32" Sony Bravia to use as a additional monitor. The Bravia absolutely kicks ass.

I've had a 42" Olevia for 6 years now and for the money there are no better deals but this Sony I just bought has me considering upgrading my Olevia for main viewing.

Yeah, I had never heard of Olevia's either till I got the one I have.

thanks ive been perusing that site RR. hows 6ms response time vs. 8ms?

the smaller the better is all i know...

What I heard is that Plasmas are good for sports viewing and gaming because they accentuate the blacks whereas LED's are better for movie watching with blue ray. Our gym also has Plasmas because they mostly show sports on their TV's and you get a clear crisp picture from all angles even if you are watching at an angle from 50 ft or more when you are on the treadmill.