• Replies 21 Comments
  • Views 1,318 Views

mrquincy

Generally Specific
Since
Feb 24, 2011
Score
Tokens
Im at work today and get 3 OMG texts in a row, then an "I hit your car" text. Our cars are parked quite closely in the back and for whatever reason she did not realize my car was there and she scraped all the way down both driver side doors. Now my driver door does not work properly.. How do I deal with this without coming off as an asshole? My car is not that great to begin with now it looks very ghetto. I am quite pissed off but I know getting angry won't solve anything..

Quincy it may be time to chuck the girlfriend, pal.

Eh, unless he wants to become stuck in a situation with sask hookers for his entire life prob not a good idea

Eh, unless he wants to become stuck in a situation with sask hookers for his entire life prob not a good idea

Cost of car repairs > cost of multiple hooker sessions.

I would hit her car too the same way she hit yours. Then call it even.

I see an offer for unlimited hummers in my future!!

The part that pisses me off the most is that I have to take the high road here and I will be the one going "There there baby, it's ok. Don't worry about it. " When I really want to say what the FUCK were you doing?

The part that pisses me off the most is that I have to take the high road here and I will be the one going "There there baby, it's ok. Don't worry about it. " When I really want to say what the FUCK were you doing?

How about you meld the two thoughts. You can be comforting and pissed by saying "I'm happy you didn't get hurt honey, but what were you focused on when you hit my car"?

How about you meld the two thoughts. You can be comforting and pissed by saying "I'm happy you didn't get hurt honey, but what were you focused on when you hit my car"?

Oh, I'm sure I will get the whole story; she is heading home from work now.

Now that I have chatted with her I am feeling better about the whole thing. It has sped up an inevitable situation here. Her vehicle was gifted to her last year, by her father. It is a 2007 Ford Escape and has low mileage. Problem is it is a 6 cyl and a Ford, so it is likely to start costing a lot of money soon. We have decided that we will sell it before the winter and buy us a newer economical vehicle. I can fix up my ole 2003 Elantra and it can become the winter beater. I think this is going to be a win/win situation.