Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,311 Views
It's one of those situations that come up in life. Talking TV shows with dude at work - who I have had several shared tastes with - and then he says it:

"Have you seen Schitt's Creek?'

"Um, I saw an episode or so . . . " (translation: I found it immediately, atrociously, hideously bad and I can't believe anyone would watch such eye-rollable lame crap.)

Him: "It's so great."

:mrquincy:

It's one of those situations that come up in life. Talking TV shows with dude at work - who I have had several shared tastes with - and then he says it:

"Have you seen Schitt's Creek?'

"Um, I saw an episode or so . . . " (translation: I found it immediately, atrociously, hideously bad and I can't believe anyone would watch such eye-rollable lame crap.)

Him: "It's so great."
Yes, I feel the same way exactly. The show is utter trash yet it wins awards and has a huge fanbase.
Just shows to go ya that people have very different opinions and beliefs and one persons shit is anothers gold.

From Entertainment, to Trump, to Bitcoin I've seen people say/believe things that seem like complete nonsense (or seem illogical) to me but make perfect sense to them. This is why I try and avoid online discussions away from this forum as its impossible to change peoples minds and what usually happens during a discussion with opposing views is that it degrades into name calling/insults.

Schitts Creek is garbage?
Really?

I can understand overrated, but garbage?

I enjoyed it. It was a comfort food like show. Is it in the pantheon of television comedies? Nope.

Is it garbage? Cmon man.

I dont find any of the Christopher Guest stuff very funny. I just assumed shidts creek was in that same vein so I stayed away.

I dont find any of the Christopher Guest stuff very funny. I just assumed shidts creek was in that same vein so I stayed away.
I liked both. Different stuff. Give it a look Boner

Schitts Creek is garbage?
Really?

I can understand overrated, but garbage?

I enjoyed it. It was a comfort food like show. Is it in the pantheon of television comedies? Nope.

Is it garbage? Cmon man.
I can't stand it pal. Its extremely cringeworthy 90% of the time with predictable plots, recycled bits etc.
Tried watching it a few times, trying to give it a chance but nope its utter fukking Kaka pal.

1/5 pussy eating TRONS

:boxcleanersdaddy:

Been watching Derry Girls. Very funny show if you can get through the heavy Irish accents.

The Little Things
Excellent actors in a shitty film. Formulaic and dull. The score is also grating.

stay cllear

I see they have brought back the game show Name That Tune. I used to enjoy that a million years ago.

Although I strongly suspect they will have screwed it up in some unbearable way, I am recording it.

I see they have brought back the game show Name That Tune. I used to enjoy that a million years ago.

Although I strongly suspect they will have screwed it up in some unbearable way, I am recording it.

It's actually not bad. I'd like a more eclectic mix of tunes - and they could use a better host - but it's got some play-along-able qualities.

I have continued to think about Promising Young Woman post-viewing and I have to say, it's not standing up well.

I see it's nominated for Best Drama at the Golden Globes. I never follow the GG's but still, I have to say, no.

Fool's gold. It's pretending to be about #MeToo - which is going to resonate these days - but it's a mess when you really look at it. It's based on the premise that all men are scum. Basically, there is no such thing as an honestly nice guy.

I can't really get into my analysis without too many spoilers, but the women don't ring true either. There is this weird remorseful lawyer.

I dunno. It's dopey fun with some popcorn and Carey Mulligan is great but it's not the sort of thing to start getting serious about.

Binge watching Suits again.

Well written show for a USA network series.

Strong acting. I’d say it’s a step above Boston Legal.

I liked season 1 of Suits. Seemed pretty repetitive after that. But I guess you could say that about any TV series that didn't quite hook you in.

I liked season 1 of Suits. Seemed pretty repetitive after that. But I guess you could say that about any TV series that didn't quite hook you in.
Matty, agreed. I personally felt the first season got me interested in the characters enough to let the repetitiveness slide. I also did appreciate the villains they brought into the mix.