Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,150 Views
Brad Rutter in trouble early. Guy blew what, 3 Daily Doubles?

Not looking so tough right now brah.

Yeah well, clean slate tomorrow - which I guess is airing right now but I won't see it until tomorrow.

My goal is to have a question where none of them get the answer - but I know it.

Just once'll do.

Not holding out a lot of hope for this. Next to nothing being missed by these maniacs.

HA!!!!!!!!!

I just watched the first half of game 2 and I did know one that was a triple stumper.

Bitches!!!!!

That's our boy Muddy!

I knew he could do it!

The difficulty level seems way higher than normal. I"m usually good for 10-12 good guesses a game, but I've been mostly silent during the first two GOAT episodes.

I'd kill at Jeopardy if there was no history, no geography and no Shakespeare.

HA!!!!!!!!!

I just watched the first half of game 2 and I did know one that was a triple stumper.

Bitches!!!!!

Was it the Wonka quote? Even I knew that one.

Oh yeah. That was a triple stumper, wasn't it?

So I had two.

The one I was talking about was about naming a particular newspaper in France. I can't remember the exact question but Brad incorrectly guessed, Liberation (I believe) - then the other two didn't buzz in.

Meawhile I was sitting here calmly saying to my TV, Le Monde.

Correctomundo for me. :greencheck:

Personally, I feel like no matter who wins this, Brad will still be the Greatest of all Time.

I know they have to call this tournament something but IMO you'd have to do a lot more than just win this one thing to surpass everything Brad has won. Particularly Ken. If Ken wins this, it will make him something like 1-3 against Brad. Or maybe 1-4 ??

No question Brad has been struggling the first two games but I sure wouldn't count him out.

I like to watch regular Jeopardy after a GOAT episode so I don't feel like such a dum dum. GOAT level of difficulty is stupid high.

That said, Ken's got this.

I did get a triple stumper today - the BYOD one (cybersecurity - Bring Your Own Device).

These punks didn't know it cause they haven't had to work a modern, soul-sucking office job.

I could maybe get a 2nd place on a show.

If all the questions were about my life.

Answer: She was your 5th grader teacher that was hot.

Archie: Who is Mrs. Keller

correct 200 points

I'll take the Category: Just earlier this evening...

Answer: This was the location of your wife's dream last night, that she told you about while you prepared dinner.

Silence

TRIPLE STUMPER!!!!!!

Archie: Can I do one of those like physical challenges from Double Dare?

My thing for game 3 was knowing Daily Doubles that contestants didn't get. There were at least 2.

Final Jeopardy in game 3 was a triple stumper - and I knew it. Cuaron and Ang Lee.

Of course James and Brad were up to shenanigans with joke answers so I don't know if they actually knew. That takes away from my overall glory.

Speaking of which, I guess James was being sweet calling Alex the GHOST (Greatest Host of Syndicated Televison ??? Something like that ???).

Kind of a play on GOAT? GHOST?

It just struck me as a bit iffy to be calling a guy lingering at death's door a ghost.

This is an all-time great TV character

iu

Jeopardy spoiler alert. Sorta.

It was really surprising to see how poorly Brad performed. Just a shadow of himself.

I was thinking it might just be age taking its toll - I can attest that's a real thing when it comes to Jeopardy type brain performance - but I see Ken is actually a few years older.

Dunno.

I thought it was odd when Alex said none of those guys would ever be back again. I wonder if they set that up as a condition to solidify the GOAT concept.

Otherwise, they've been having big mega-championship tourneys every few years for a long time. (Brad has won about 4 of them.) Hard to see why they would stop.

I think Ken proved he was the only true erudite of the group. Regular Jeopardy is way easier than what they faced in the GOAT touney.