Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,632 Views
Speaking of The Deuce, as season 3 has gone along, I have been thinking how final a lot of the events seem. There is stuff with certain main characters that doesn't leave much of anywhere to go. Stuff is in motion to clean up the actual area. That eventually happened. It's a matter of historical record.

Once the Deuce is cleaned up, it's no longer the Deuce.

I wondered if this was it and - yap - this is the last season. In fact I have just one episode left to see. Then it's over.

Season one was a bit ponderous and atmospheric but 2 and 3 are/were very good with moments of sheer brilliance.

I was just thinking how there was once a show called Better Call Saul. I think that was a pretty good show.

Not sure though. Hard to remember.

I'm still rooting every year for Bob Odenkirk and the actress who plays Kim to win some trophies. She's especially good.

On the topic of Robert Iler, I thought he started getting good towards the end of the Sopranos. And his relative lack of acting skills kinda fit the awkward, angsty teenage character anyway. But yeah. I hear he's a "professional poker player" now.

ha ha I played cards with little Anthony at Encore a year ago.
I do remember enjoying Better Call Saul. In retrospect it seems kinda stupid though. The whole stupidity with his brother went on too long.
The Mike character was always fun to watch. He should get somekind of an award :dunno:

Powerful. That final scene of The Deuce was powerful. When it started my first thought was, I don't think this is a good choice, but by the end it had me shedding a tear.

I'm sorry it's over but I respect the hell out of shows like this - The Knick is another prime example - that go in with a finite plan and don't just milk every last drop out of it as long as they can.

The Deuce joins my list of shows to watch start-to-finish every 5 years or so.

I'm very curious what David Simon does next.

I loved the long story arc between the McGill brothers. The end of it was devastating. Makes you dread the moment Kim will give up on Jimmy and/or suffer the horrible consequences of associating herself with him.

I do like Better Call Saul very much btw. But damn, it is taking a long time between seasons.

It's already been 13 months since the last episode - and I don't even see a date for season 5 kick-off. Sometime in 2020 is all I see.

I barely remember what's going on.

Critics are gaga over The Irishman.

I'm never totally sure how to take that. I believe Scorsese could film flies buzzing around dogshit for three hours and critics would give it 3.5 stars.

But I got a feeling this one is really good.

Currently watching the movie Watchmen. I'm hoping it will clear up some of my confusion over the TV series.

I guess it is. A bit. I could see it having more of an impact as the series goes along.

Really good movie though. Enjoying it a lot in its own right.

Doctor Sleep (2019)

The sequel to The Shining

I have watched The Shining no less than 10 times from start to finish. It is a 9.75 on the 10 scale for me.

Doctor Sleep is a 5.25. I would only recommend it to those who love The Shining and even then I’d feel a little weird about recommending it.

Just saw a trailer for The Mandelorian during Monday Night Football halftime.
It’s going to be streaming on Disney Plus.

I hadn’t heard of either of those things. The trailer was cool.

Boys, is anyone gonna subscribe to Disney Plus to watch The Mandelorian?
It looks good

Oops I kinda posted the same thing twice

#StarWarsBountyHunterNerd

I'm leery of the Watchmen series tho. The first name I see in the credits is Damen Lindelof whom I recognize from Lost. And so far Watchmen has matched the pattern of adding mystery after mystery without explaining anything.

I'll give it a few more episodes. At least its something to gab about with some of the guys at work. It's good to have gabbable shows at work.

The other night I was on an episode of the first season of Stranger Things. Around midnight, watching it in the dark with a surround system. It was one of the first dark scenes where they showed the monster. Then I heard something like an explosion, I get confused if it was in the tv or real, my mind automatically thinks it's the tv but it was too loud. Then I start hearing a hissing sound going from low to louder on top of me, like in the air cond ducts, sounded like air escaping out of a tire, echoing all over the attic. It got so loud I was like oh crap this is real and I jump up.

It was a piece that regulates the compressor that had exploded in the unit out back, and the explosion broke a piece of the copper tubing and all the Freon gas leaked out really quick.

For a second it was spooky mister monkey. :chair:

GnfafYH.jpg