rjt721

hello
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Go.

popcorn_gif_by_zombiejosette.gif

Finally watched Moneyball. I liked it. Completely unremarkable yet entertaining. 7 Matty Rains even. :dunno:

Wouldn't the SLG % matter even more than the OBP though?

I just wikied the answer to my own question - walks are excluded from SLG. Doh.

What's the Gaymelive consensus on Drive?

Don't know what to make of this film. Wasn't at all what I expected. Moves at such a deliberate pace that it takes away from the few action sequences which are quite good. The 80s vibe is cool. The painfully bad electronic music... Not so much. I came away thinking it was a decent flick, but trying to understand all the love it got from critics. Didn't seem like anything special.

Bryan Cranston is quickly moving into Gandolfini territory where no matter the role he's playing, you can only see him as one character. He's very good in the film, but he's Walter White who happens to run a car shop.

Rum Diary seemed entertaining but there were some shannannigans going on so I will watch again and review this week. Let's call it in the 6-7.5 steviestars range with a * by it until further notice. :yeahsure:

Bryan Cranston is quickly moving into Gandolfini territory where no matter the role he's playing, you can only see him as one character. He's very good in the film, but he's Walter White who happens to run a car shop.

I dunno man. I remember thinking that I couldn't shake off the image of Malcolm's dad when I started watching Breaking Bad. That went away quickly.

That Cranston guy ain't half bad as an actor.

Cranston is terrific.

Never watched Malcolm. When I started with BB, he was still the annoying neighbor from King of Queens to me. :ducky:

Second viewing of the John Adams HBO series, which I think is brilliant.

If you haven't seen it I highly suggest it. Really interesting character study, and some excellent set work.

Obviously Giamatti is the acting draw here, but the supporting roles of Adams' wife played by Laura Linney and Ben Franklin are commendable. Perfect for a snowed in weekend. It's 3 discs but you won't regret it.

8.5/10

If I get shit for this, I will swear CaliGirl hacked my account and made this post...

Bridesmaids is hilarious.

A solid 8 Matty Rains. :hey:

no need for shit rjt

bridesmaids was really funny

I went to see Safe House this past weekend.

Kind of predictable throughout including who the ultimate bad guy is but most movies are. I mainly wanted an excuse to treat myself to some popcorn (small no butter and skipped breakfast and lunch for it) after doing good on my diet.

rjt, there is one thing and one thing only that is good about Drive....the soundtrack... thats it..movie completely blows...slow as fuck and acting is horrible...imo of course..

oh wow, i just reread your post on it...i guess we will have to agree to disagree on the music...

If I get shit for this, I will swear CaliGirl hacked my account and made this post...

Bridesmaids is hilarious.

A solid 8 Matty Rains. :hey:

For sure. Good movie.

I re-watched seasons 1-6 of How I Met Your Mother.

Love that show.

Haven't seen much else lately. I really have no interest in seeing Moneyball for some reason.

I have been watching season 2 of Justified on DVD. I like it. It's one of those things where I have flown through the first 12 (??) episodes in about 4 days. I just have the finale left to watch.

It's not flawless and not up there with the best HBO/Showtime/AMC series, but I give it a 7 out of 10.

Finally saw The Social Network on Friday and I really enjoyed it. It was fairly quick and to the point and it really left me appreciating how the thing got started... and how WASPy some Ivy Leaguers are. The acting was a 9, direction a 9 (successfully telling from multiple time periods/perspectives), and overall completeness/watchability an 8 as I did want more explanation some places.

Overall score 9 Matty Rains.

started watching "Raising Hope" season 1

its a good watch in the right mood, when doing other things (dishes, gambling, paying bills, ect)

started watching "Raising Hope" season 1

its a good watch in the right mood, when doing other things (dishes, gambling, paying bills, ect)

i like it...grandma is funny

I've been watching Flashpoint on NetFlix.

It's about an S.R.T. unit which is kind of like a S.W.A.T. team. It's done in Canada and I'm assuming Canadian written and directed. Kind of different portrayal of crime and criminals. Not sure if Canadian criminals on a whole are a little more eligant than American criminals or if the show just tries to show the human side of the criminals.

They do kind of project the Metropolitan Police as morons compared to the S.R.T. guys.