mcnabb to redskins

• Start date
  • Replies 6 Comments
  • Views 610 Views
Sorry my friend. Didn't know you already started this thread before me. Will stick with your thread!

Updated: April 4, 2010, 8:17 PM ET
Sources: McNabb headed to Washington
EmailPrintComments
retweet89
By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive
The Philadelphia Eagles have reached agreement on a blockbuster intra-division trade that will send perennial Pro Bowl quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Washington Redskins, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

NFC East blog
ESPN.com's Matt Mosley writes about all things NFC East in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

The two sides still must finalize language, but McNabb is now headed to Washington. Compensation is not yet known, but it is likely to include Washington's 2010 second-round pick.

The move means the Redskins now have a new starting quarterback and the Eagles have a new one as well in Kevin Kolb. Michael Vick is now in line as the team's backup.

Sources said McNabb's contract, which has one year and $11.2 million left on it, scared off several other teams. McNabb is due a $6.2 million roster bonus on May 5 and is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2010 season.

At the league meetings, head coach Andy Reid said the Eagles were listening to offers for all three quarterbacks, including 11-year veteran McNabb, who quickly said on his Web site that he wanted a quick resolution to the trade conversations.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from ESPN's Sal Paolantonio was used in this report.

Last edited:
doesnt matter to me homey.

go yanks

I am not a McNabb fan at all. However for them to trade him within the division really shows how little Philadelphia cared about him. I hope he shoves it up their ass next year.

His whole career he has had no one to throw the ball too and now he gets traded to a team with even worse receivers.

His whole career he has had no one to throw the ball too and now he gets traded to a team with even worse receivers.

The Redskins drafted 3 receivers in the 2nd round two years ago and they're all poised to break out this season. Fred Davis (TE) actually already blew up during the 2nd half of last season. Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly are both as talented as any young receivers in the league. They still have Santana Moss and Chris Cooley too. I honestly wouldn't trade the Redskins receiving corp with anybody's in the division...maybe even the league. That's how much potential they have.

I am not a McNabb fan at all. However for them to trade him within the division really shows how little Philadelphia cared about him. I hope he shoves it up their ass next year.

Btw, the Eagles didn't shaft McNabb at all here. They gave him what he demanded:

"McNabb, who is in the final year of his deal, made this happen by making it clear he wasn’t going anywhere else but Washington. When the Buffalo Bills expressed interest – and even were willing to give McNabb a contract extension – he passed on the offer. When the Oakland Raiders sniffed around and showed willingness to trade for the quarterback without an extension, McNabb indicated to the Eagles through his associates that he’d retire.

'He has plenty of money,' the source close to McNabb said. 'He’s not doing anything he doesn’t want to do.' "

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuIu.mR1ej0qTfKFEBBd7lc5nYcB?slug=jc-mcnabbtrade040410