Mark Buerhle's Gold Glove Caliber Play

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
Fresh from winning his first Gold Glove which capped off a memorable year, following his perfect game against Tampa Bay last July, Mark Buerhle made a strong case for this year's award on Opening Day. Pitching in the top of the 5th inning with one out, Cleveland's Lou Marson hit a pitch back to the mound where the ball proceeded to hit Buerhle on the foot, see him chase the ball down near first base while avoiding contact with Marson, field the ball in his glove before flipping it through his legs to be caught barehanded by Paul Konerko to record the out. Actually, it is probably easier to watch the play than to describe it.

The amazing play overshadowed a pretty amazing outing for Buerhle who pitched seven scoreless innings, giving up three his and only one free pass as the White Sox crushed the Indians 6-0 with all but one of the runs coming off Cleveland starter Jake Westbrook.

that may be as good a play as I've ever seen. Fucking shit. Why am I always betting against this guy?

That was a great play. One of the better plays I can remember in the last few years.

It's always a bit lame when you call something a Play Of The Year on Opening Day. But I'm lame and if that isn't the Play Of The Year I'll be very surprised.

It's always a bit lame when you call something a Play Of The Year on Opening Day. But I'm lame and if that isn't the Play Of The Year I'll be very surprised.

True

When I think of great plays the last 5 years or so, the one that always comes to my mind is a play made by Gary Matthews Jr. While playing for the Rangers, he made an unbelievable catch robbing a homerun. I want to say it was against the Astros but I am not certain. I need to look to see if I can find a video of that catch as I have not seen it in awhile.

nice commercial

original play