• Replies 91 Comments
  • Views 1,366 Views

Shortstop

Banned Everywhere Except Here…
Since
May 27, 2022
Score
Tokens
Plenty of acreage and much room to do their business…

Don’t want to have to build a fence, but I feel it will be necessary…

My parents have always had big dogs; St. Bernard’s, English Mastiffs and Golden Retrievers. All “Gentle Giants” :choochoo:

Any & All Feedback Welcomed …

Looking into a Burnese …

Probably a female after she gets fixed …

I also like the Shiba Inu breed, I read/watch that they are so docile and get along with everyone, but they are more rare/expensive in the US

I also like the Shiba Inu breed, I read/watch that they are so docile and get along with everyone, but they are more rare/expensive in the US
Thanks! I’ll look into them.

Pardon my ignorance, is that a larger breed?

Plenty of acreage and much room to do their business…

Don’t want to have to build a fence, but I feel it will be necessary…

My parents have always had big dogs; St. Bernard’s, English Mastiffs and Golden Retrievers. All “Gentle Giants” :choochoo:

Any & All Feedback Welcomed …
Not bragging but the neighbor across street has referred to me as the Dog Whisperer. Dogs never let you down. like people!

SS, definitely get a yard that has a FENCE because they usually need plenty of exercise and last thing you need is having to go outside/walk dog numerous times daily. Another issue is dogs love company and you going to be away from her too long each day there probably won't be as good of a bonding. Could even starting chewing crap because of it? And we went the small route starting with second dog since easier cleanup of the doo-doo.

Parents always had German Shepards that I didn't want for myself later in life because too protective not getting along with strangers as easily. Of course had to get recuses because MrsM couldn't see dogs getting put down. So we had Rhett a GermanS/Black Lab who was friendly but cautious of people. Dog lived for 15+ years surprisingly for those breeds. He couldn't even go down the deck stairs so he would just do his business on the deck. Vet said it was probably overdue putting him down more for our sake. Rhett favored me more.

Then Peanut a supposed Shih Tzu because MrsM wanted a smaller dog but turned out to be over 40 lbs and was told Finnish Spirtz/GoldenR dog. People always told us that doesn't look like a Peanut lol. SHE FOLLOWED MRSM 24/7!!! That was MrsM's girl and haven't mentioned it here till now but had to put her down. Just one day 6/24/30 MrsM called and said she couldn't move so took her to vet. Vet said looks like bleeding spleen tumor meaning she couldn't breath and went to operating vet instead of putting her down.

Had to be quick decision to operate or not, costing $6600. Of course we did, she was part of the family but found out progressive liver cancer which meant very little chance for recovery. She was home in 2 days and seemed surprisingly completely herself though we knew it wouldn't last. No issues so WTF we put another 2K for experimental treatment to maybe give her a couple more months time. Dude I research everything giving her to eat everything a person would eat that had cancer!

So July 25, 2020 a Saturday came where Peanut was looking a little funny. So called vet and said come in and after giving her a X-ray/ultra sound? said doubt she would live 24 hours meaning like a month ago more or less suffocating/suffering till death. So he took her back in to us and of course she seems so happy/lively like she was coming home with us! She hated going to the vet!

So we had to say goodbye which took far too long for us not wanting to let go! She was what, 10.5 years old and found out later it was a hereditary condition with Goldens. She was like a shadow of MrsM. Posters recognized her presence here (especially RJ, Stevie) and above was way top hard to explain until now! Why bring people down/myself again and sorry SS this post was more about me.

Look MrsM gives to dog charities and we're big on DOGS! Like I said if you get a dog best you have sufficient time with them. Rhett was smart I thought but Peanut knew ever response from us before we knew it. Though the dog we have now appears to be a clone of Peanut in that regards. I believe spending more time with these last dogs (we both worked full-time with Rhett) that constantly talking to them like a family member has made them more keen/alert to how we feel! We also give them the roam of the house, bed, chairs etc etc etc! No cage crap!

She is with us forever now ..... she loved the snow .... a real Finnish Spitz trait wise to the T! Peanut was leary of people until she trusted them! Ask RJ.
B037E8F8-D61C-4754-A4E0-D381C0C6EB08.jpeg

DF58FD22-617A-446B-BB5D-C25775F51079.jpeg

F6E6432A-01B7-4D85-9823-567E933ADFF2.jpeg

Last edited:
Great photos, MM !!

Thank You !!

My parents dogs have always loved the snow, too …

I often think they love it more than me …

Rogie, I looked into the German Shepard breed earlier today.

Probably not interested but I appreciate the recommendation. I’m going to have to set an appointment to visit the dogs and see which one I “click” with. I want to adopt one that has had a rough life and that I can help. I just hope he/she does well with cats.

Also looked into fencing prices, so there is a lot to do …

The shelter here in Pittsburgh has so many cats and dogs. It’s so fuckking depressing! I wish I could take them all …

DAMN !!

Just visited and they told me I have to take the Mom and her two puppies that were left behind…

Now I have some serious thinking to do..