• Replies 27 Comments
  • Views 1,873 Views

BGS 9.5

Basement Dweller
Since
Jan 31, 2010
Score
Tokens
Just read on an unamed FB friend page about loaning money to strangers via gambling forums, and thought I would start a thread. This may have been started numerous times in the past, but it just conjured up bad memories from times past for me.....

I for one was a dumbass, loaned 3 dimes to a forum owner several years back with promises of affiliate and sponsor money to be paid back tenfold; same ole story, owner did 5 years in jail for various whatnot, I got stuck pulling my crank. This was back in 2005; any similar stories boyz????? In this day and age, I find it amazing that loaning money online to strangers still happens :(

And yes, BGS = dummy, no argument there.

Nothing surprises me on the forums,especially when quick/easy money is involved.

How are you BGS?

Doing really well, haven't been posting much lately, but still follow. You are one of a slight handful that I appreciate all sports insights from; you seem to really know your shit!!!!

When I first joined all the forums years back, I was making a truckload from my job. I became self-employed almost 3 years to the date, and it just becomes harder by the day to do the forum deal....

Not loaning money, but i have seen some people who have stiffed that I would never have dreamed would. Just goes to show what you don't really know.

think i remember you telling that story once before....

there is so much shit about Bobby that would just make you shake your head in disgust, bgs...

you would have thought that the 1 thing he would have learned by being on(and working at) these gambling forums, is to never loan money... but he did...all to people that he knew from work or h.s. though, not gambling related...

he had 4-5 loans out at one point...trying to be mr. nice guy too much or to gain friends, who knows.... he loaned one black girl at his old job around 1500 i think...said she would give him 2k a week later, we knew he was going to get fucked ...i think it took him 2 months and 5678967567 calls and text to get the original back... we bitched at him every single day for doing that stupid shit...i dunno what got into him, but hopefully he is done with being a dumbass.

there are a few guys that i would have no problem floating some, but in general, i dont loan money for the same reason ive never bothered booking forum friends...1 little problem is 1 more than i fucking need.

there is so much shit about Bobby that would just make you shake your head in disgust, bgs...

you would have thought that the 1 thing he would have learned by being on(and working at) these gambling forums, is to never loan money... but he did...all to people that he knew from work or h.s. though, not gambling related...

he had 4-5 loans out at one point...trying to be mr. nice guy too much or to gain friends, who knows.... he loaned one black girl at his old job around 1500 i think...said she would give him 2k a week later, we knew he was going to get fucked ...i think it took him 2 months and 5678967567 calls and text to get the original back... we bitched at him every single day for doing that stupid shit...i dunno what got into him, but hopefully he is done with being a dumbass.

there are a few guys that i would have no problem floating some, but in general, i dont loan money for the same reason ive never bothered booking forum friends...1 little problem is 1 more than i fucking need.

Totally agreed Ray, as I know you have probably been on both ends of the spectrum, whether you did it or not....

That poor kid didn't know what he was getting into, just prolly presumed everybody would live up to their word and make things right...Not so much in the interWeZ world.....

I hate to rehash old shit, as I know this topic is stale as funky smelling shoes, but I just would wish in today's age kids would stop doing this.....3 dimes for me at that time wasn't a big deal, but today it could be.....

I would rather light my money on fire than loan it to a stranger I met on a forum.

Pavy, the worse part of it was I actually my particular guy in person face to face more than once, and I was still dumb......But in the end, he was still a forum stranger....

I had enough problems from loaning money to a friend so close I had been his best man - twice.

Loan money to a complete stranger? Never.

Muddy, that is 10x worse than anything I went through, may Karma serve that gentleman properly....

For me, this was almost 10 years ago, when there was an actual expetation of making some money via the forums. To this day, I cannot believe I was so stupid in doing what I did still.....

BGS, it's good to have you back or stopping by or whatever it is.

Guys we need to not look at our past and the wrongs we have all endured be it through misplaced trust or pure ignorance. Nope, we need to look forward.

How about everyone here at GameLive send me just one single U.S. dollar and promise to have ten of your non-GameLive friends send me $1 and 10 of their friends and ten of their friends and so on. Eventually I will have enough money that I will not have to borrow any money ever again from anyone. I will then send a single U'S. dollar to one of you and we will start the process all over again. At some point everyone here will be beyond the point of ever having to borrow another dollar and what's more we each will have enough to loan a dollar and never look back.

Let's get this started now guys.

BGS, it's good to have you back or stopping by or whatever it is.

Guys we need to not look at our past and the wrongs we have all endured be it through misplaced trust or pure ignorance. Nope, we need to look forward.

How about everyone here at GameLive send me just one single U.S. dollar and promise to have ten of your non-GameLive friends send me $1 and 10 of their friends and ten of their friends and so on. Eventually I will have enough money that I will not have to borrow any money ever again from anyone. I will then send a single U'S. dollar to one of you and we will start the process all over again. At some point everyone here will be beyond the point of ever having to borrow another dollar and what's more we each will have enough to loan a dollar and never look back.

Let's get this started now guys.

Wally,

I have literally just gotten back into the "swing of things" in the last 2 months, and been really excited about playing again since the surgery last summer. Let me know a time and place close to you, aand I am sure I can give you back some of the money I won a couple of years ago. I have a new driver, and it just screams "Beat UF Ass"

8.5 degrees, let's do this Wally. I am free after Thanksgiving until January 15.

Love,

BGS

Hmmm...I'm trying to think of anyone that was loaned money through a gambling forum. Gosh, seems like something just happened a few years ago like that.

Ray, without getting too personal - how do you get so much info on the kid?

Never loaned money to a poster though Brock did ask. I denied him. Now he wants to loan me money. Not sure if he hit the lottery or ripped someone off.

Hmmm...I'm trying to think of anyone that was loaned money through a gambling forum. Gosh, seems like something just happened a few years ago like that.

It has happened a lot of times actually. Is there a specific doppelganger you have in mind?

Good gosh woman, spill the beans. It was bad enough I got stoodup tonight, gimmee the goods girl:)

Never loaned money to a poster though Brock did ask. I denied him. Now he wants to loan me money. Not sure if he hit the lottery or ripped someone off.

If this is true, just another reason why formville is, well, formville.

Unreal