Live feed from Iceland volcano erupting

• Start date
  • •
  • Replies 39 Comments
  • • Views 1,556 Views
some from our group stayed an extra day and made the trip over to that active volcano. you actually can get very very very close to it. Within meters of the lava as well.
points for badassery, and casual use of the metric system đź‘Ś

@Archie Sounds like an amazing trip, Archie. How was the flight? I love hearing flight details - airports/types of planes/stops.

How far I’m advance did you plan this trip?

How was the trim in Iceland?

the flights were un-noteworthy. direct flight there about 5 hrs direct flight home about 6

we got global entry so we passed through pretty quick.

Keflavik airport "in" Reykjavik is pretty small. Our friends/tour guides picking us up were about a 90 sec walk into the parking lot from the main exit. Leaving was pretty efficient and very pleasant, I accidentally put a big toothpaste in my carry-on bag instead of my checked-hiking backpack/bag and their security caught it and were almost apologetic about doing so. Very different from US TSA for sure.

The only other thing I remember was they had some very long wooden, Ikea like benches for waiting on flights. Didn't get any food there.

We planned it like almost a year ago, but we didn't have to plan anything. Our friends are starting a travel guide business as covid ends. This was sort of their trial run beta test of what to expect. Using 12 people they knew, that didn't all know each other. So they handled almost all the meals, planned all the activities, hotel accommodations, hiking guides, travel to and from everything, and even provided backpacking/camping gear for some of the people. It was worth it to not have to worry at all about any details.

didn't really see too many people out there. I did see one of the most amazing asses I'd ever seen on a spandexed tour guide girl that was waiting to load up to go kayaking on a glacial lake, as my team was returning from that trip. It was some supermodel fitness girl kinda shit.

Everyone was very friendly and Revkjavik, the entire area and the hotels we stayed seemed very pampering and luxurious for the $. Iceland has really really bumped up their tourism game in the last few years. I guess they lost a lot of banking $ for their economy after 2008