• Replies 18 Comments
  • Views 1,585 Views

Tomato

TEACHER VOICE ON [OFF]
Since
Apr 12, 2010
Score
Tokens
Despite Clint Dempsey setting a new U.S. World Cup qualifying record for fastest goal, the U.S. still lost to Jamaica for the first time ever on Friday, making their qualification efforts a bit more difficult. Sitting third, though even with Guatemala on points, in CONCACAF Group A after the loss to Jamaica has caused a bit of doubt to creep in for some U.S. fans, but manager Jurgen Klinsmann is trying to keep his chest puffed out ahead of the rematch.

When asked by a Jamaican reporter what would happen if the U.S. lost again on Tuesday, Klinsmann tried to play it cool. From the AP:

''No, we won't (lose),'' Klinsmann said with a smile. ''Don't worry.''

If Jamaica were starting to feel any complacency by sitting in first place in the group, that quote should give them an extra bit of motivation.

Of course, Klinsmann should be right, whether he should've said it or not. You can never expect a perfect run through CONCACAF World Cup qualifying and the U.S.'s best chance at taking a loss was always going to come in the first half of this group stage with matches away to Guatemala and Jamaica. Now with two of the final three matches at home and the only away match being a trip to last-place Antigua, Klinsmann's confidence better be justified.

------

Tue 9/11 3204 USA o o -254 o
05:10 PM 3205 Jamaica o o +819 o
3206 - Draw o +392

the us national team makes me sad

So these assholes play Jamaica and Guatemala to get in? While Russia has to beat legit European teams. No wonder we never get in. (not that we deserve to get in)
I don't ever recall seeing a US-Russia match. I'd bet Russia still spanks em. :grin:

So these assholes play Jamaica and Guatemala to get in? While Russia has to beat legit European teams. No wonder we never get in. (not that we deserve to get in)
I don't ever recall seeing a US-Russia match. I'd bet Russia still spanks em. :grin:

There are some teams in Oceania group that a team of GL players can beat. I think Australia beat one of these teams 48-0 or something like that. And Australia is not a world power.

i always wanted to play for the vietnamese national team

i would be a star

hate that we have class tonight

Euro gets 13 spots this time (out of 52). North/Central america gets 3 or 4 (out of 35).

We used to ditch class when we didn't want to go.

Potato, grow a pair, pal.

Me too, this happened for every single class every day.

How hard can it be to make American Samoa's soccer team?

How many times are they going to hit the post tonight?

ok dont score have a good amount on under 1.5 +100

Not watching. Is that the one with flowers (or flower pedals) on it?

Not watching. Is that the one with flowers (or flower pedals) on it?

no, nothing special just very well taken care of which is rare in central america

but then the lights just went off in the stadium lol

and the tv channel lost it's broadcast signal, a bunch of codes in the screen now

Oh, wow. LOL.

I saw part of a match between Colombia and Uruguay and there were flower pedals (I think) on the pitch. Maybe it was a replay from something else though. No idea.