keeping Muddy informed of world current events

• Start date
  • Replies 95 Comments
  • Views 7,101 Views
Muddy Costa Rica has been living off 100% renewable power for the past couple of months. Let's head down there!

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle.

No such thing as a renewable resource in Newtonian physics. If you divert the energy from a sun ray or a gust of wind or a flowing river (in the case of Costa Rica) you are taking it from somewhere. Imagine the desert devoid of the sun's energy. So called renewable energy fundamentally alters ecosystems.

I wish humans would stop trying to destroy the earth, we only get one. That's why i'm in favor of nuclear energy.

I think I would prefer to have business leaders who say phenomenal over awesome though. The big kahuna at my previous job was always saying awesome and sometimes used the word awesomeness.

It didn't work for me.

the internet has been under attack this week, some group is pulling massive denial of service attacks on dozens of ISPs and data centers, even the big players have gone down intermittently, attacks at capacity never before seen, they say it's most likely state level actors testing their capability to bring down the whole internet infrastructure if there ever was a need to, a cyber war prep

If those commies ever hinder my ability to play Diamond Dash on facebook - that's when we must go nuclear.