It is a bizarre spectacle watching neocons defending all things BP

• Start date
  • Replies 161 Comments
  • Views 13,771 Views
Cloak and Dagger?

The premise, then the whole content. Garbage for bored paranoids.

tinfoil-hat1.jpg

gee, thanks for clearing that up. :wacko: and I'm the crazy one.

let me know when you can be more specific.

Holy fuck! I'm still waiting on ... how did you put it??? lol "evidence of one post" :fudd:

Yes. One post. Opposition to carbon taxes is a Neocon driven agenda, even as batshit crazy as that video is...

Yes. One post. Opposition to carbon taxes is a Neocon driven agenda, even as batshit crazy as that video is...

:punches: shadowboxing now? You just can't seem to land a solid punch. Maybe you should throw in towell on trying to peg me and go back and figure out what a neocon is. (I'll give you a hint: it's not the ones calling for a criminal investigation into BP's role in the rig explosion as seen in said batshit crazy video.)

So does that mean you're in favor of carbon taxes??? Wow, all these illogical retorts of "Apparently, you'd rather have the taxpayers pay for this. Right?" weren't even sincere concerns.

Warning: More Neocon Propaganda

Thomas Sowell's got my back.

"...Just where in the Constitution of the United States does it say that a president has the authority to extract vast sums of money from a private enterprise and distribute it as he sees fit to whomever he deems worthy of compensation? Nowhere.

And yet that is precisely what is happening with a $20 billion fund to be provided by BP to compensate people harmed by their oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Many among the public and in the media may think that the issue is simply whether BP's oil spill has damaged many people, who ought to be compensated.

But our government is supposed to be "a government of laws and not of men."

If our laws and our institutions determine that BP ought to pay $20 billion or $50 billion or $100 billion then so be it.

But the Constitution says that private property is not to be confiscated by the government without "due process of law."

Technically, it has not been confiscated by Barack Obama, but that is a distinction without a difference.

With vastly expanded powers of government available at the discretion of politicians and bureaucrats, private individuals and organizations can be forced into accepting the imposition of powers that were never granted to the government by the Constitution.

If you believe that the end justifies the means, then you don't believe in constitutional government.
/QUOTE

:bowdown:

Technically, it has not been confiscated by Barack Obama, but that is a distinction without a difference.

You're so stupid that you don't even realize your own quoted article refutes itself. He did absolutely NOTHING wrong. He broke ZERO laws in organizing the BP escrow. ZERO. No matter how much you WANT it to be true. Where were you when Bush expanded the executive branch more than any other President in history? You are well beyond a fool.

:punches: shadowboxing now? You just can't seem to land a solid punch. Maybe you should throw in towell on trying to peg me and go back and figure out what a neocon is. (I'll give you a hint: it's not the ones calling for a criminal investigation into BP's role in the rig explosion as seen in said batshit crazy video.)

So does that mean you're in favor of carbon taxes??? Wow, all these illogical retorts of "Apparently, you'd rather have the taxpayers pay for this. Right?" weren't even sincere concerns.

This post is hardly worth a response. Carbon taxes? I don't care. Get rid of oil. If you're dumb enough to think that our emissions have no effect on the environment and our health, then go suck on my tailpipe for a few minutes and let me know what you think afterwards.

Again, what solution is better than the one that Obama organized?

If you're not a Neocon, why can't you produce ONE post that criticizes a Republican and/or their policies?

There's nothing like a good old fashioned internet argument.

n32307233_30046206_8452.jpg

I don't remember where "well beyond a fool" ranks on Matty's chart of MF poster rankings. I'm guessing it's somewhere between a "mere idiot" and a "fucking retard".

I think he's off the chart reno, beyond "absolute fucktard" and just a notch below "psychiatrically committed/EOG power poster"

i see where ur going there fiver...quit complicating things

here's the bottom line. It's BP's well. It broke. It's spilling tens of thousands of barrels of oil into the gulf every day. The cost to repair the damage that can be repaired from this disaster will be well over $20billion. The damage to the ecosystem may not be repairable depending on how long this leak stays active. BP should have to sell everything they have under their logo right down to the lights above their gas pumps in order to come up with the money to make it right. Fuck them and fuck anyone who thinks they are being criminalized or abused in any way.

I have to agree with Marbles on this one that while Obama may not have broken any laws in establishing this escrow fund, he overstepped his Constitutional authority in being the primary architect of it. Obama should be micromanaging the EPA and their efforts, while the Judicial system applies the appropriate remedies to those who can demonstrate a cause of action to be compensated. I feel bad for the people whose livelihoods have been ruined, but this is all just part of life. Bad things happen to good people and they have to start from scratch, get over it.

I also cry foul on all these people who are seeking money for lost wages and such. Every last one of those people use petroleum as a source of energy and that makes them all complicit in the search for new sources of petroleum. The same people who are looking for a handout from BP are the same ones who would be crying to the government for a handout if oil prices rose to a level that threatened their ability to make a profit from their labors. People need to spend their time adapting to the reality of the situation instead of looking for someone to blame. If people haven't set aside a nest egg to deal with catastrophe then they're responsible for their own suffering.

Alot of the people in the LA area had just financially recovered from Katrina. Lost wages and such from a natural catastrophe are one thing. This is something entirely different. How the fuck do you adapt to a situation when you and your whole family make your living on the Gulf and now it is saturated with oil due to someone else's negligence. So by your logic, if an earthquake shakes San Francisco to the ground, those people affected should be able to fend for themselves and not look to the Government for help. That's fucking retarded. And not Tug Speedman retarded, that's full on retarded.