• Start date
  • Replies 20 Comments
  • Views 2,062 Views

SoV

Since
Jan 11, 2011
Score
Tokens
I have a pretty shit phone and my laptop is turning shite. Thinking of investing in an iPad to take notes in classes, browsing and general stuff. Not really that expensive either.

Worth a buy or not?

I see so many variations of these it's disgusting. Seems to me you can get a laptop with a decent processor (i5) for not much more than one of these.

Interested to hear the feedback though.

they suck to type on I hate mine and never use it but everyone i know who has one loves it.

Bunch of geeks and executives use them here to take written notes on. I like playing with them but I have no use for one.

I only use mine to read and on planes. Carry it around with me but always use my laptop instead. Battery life is nice though.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, which is crap now. The battery barely lasts more then 50 min, it gets overheated and it's heavy to carry around. I have a lot of readings for class this semester so I have to lug the laptop around, which I'm not looking forward to.

From what I'm reading, the iPad can be used to browse and do pretty much everything the laptop can do. I won't buy a new laptop until I graduate so I'm thinking of getting an iPad, using it for senior year and then giving it to my mum when I buy a new laptop.

No it's not worth it. You also don't have a keyboard which is a lot faster than that touch screen for getting information down. On the other hand you'll get all the bitches.

Sov, I have an IPad and I absolutely love mine. It's much more convenient to carry around than a laptop. As for the typing being easier on a keyboard I can agree with that but not by a lot. Besides if you truly prefer a keyboard there are several options for one and really don't increase the burden by much.

The only knock I have is no flash since it's an Apple product but there are other brands of tablets that do support Flash.

I'm not one of the typical trendy guys so I don't suggest putting a lot of value in my opinion but I truly love my Pad.

if you want one with tre g'z i'll sell you mine.

If you're going to be mainly reading I would say go ahead and get one.

If you use it frequently for note taking, you might be missing having a keyboard. You can get a decent laptop for not much more than an iPad. You might want to borrow someones and try to take some notes and see if you like it before spending the money for the ipad.

HP launched their Touchpads a couple of months ago at around $500 (16GB) and $600 (32GB) which are wifi connect only (so no 3G) and they sold about 3 of them. They had a firesale last weekend and reduced them to $99/$149 which is a total bargain considering the cost of the components are over $300. The sites for online vendors selling them were melting down on the demand for them and they are currently unavailable but I think there will be more available at some point (a lot of people are queuing outside Best Buy on a daily basis to get one). No 3G, not many apps (and not likely to be that many more considering it's obsolete) but it's a killer price if it suits your needs.

http://bit.ly/nfO4mv

HP launched their Touchpads a couple of months ago at around $500 (16GB) and $600 (32GB) which are wifi connect only (so no 3G) and they sold about 3 of them. They had a firesale last weekend and reduced them to $99/$149 which is a total bargain considering the cost of the components are over $300. The sites for online vendors selling them were melting down on the demand for them and they are currently unavailable but I think there will be more available at some point (a lot of people are queuing outside Best Buy on a daily basis to get one). No 3G, not many apps (and not likely to be that many more considering it's obsolete) but it's a killer price if it suits your needs.

I have 1 on the way. Might get as many as 4 more unless my orders are canceled.

HP is supposed to do one more blowout sale, possible as soon as tomorrow.

Did you get one Polaroid?

Did you get one Polaroid?

I thought I had a couple from HP, finally got the order confirmation yesterday but I've just looked at my bank account and the pending credit card for the transaction is no longer there so I guess that's a no.

I thought I had a couple from HP, finally got the order confirmation yesterday but I've just looked at my bank account and the pending credit card for the transaction is no longer there so I guess that's a no.

If I keep all the ones I have ordered, I will let you know. If you want one, I will sell it to you for what I paid.

Look at morty's racket :up:

I am not working this week, so I was on my computer a lot on Monday when the craziness was happening. Pretty sure I will not get all 5. I honestly cannot even believe I have 1 coming.

Holy fuck, you legend! :bowdown:

I think I just got my sister's Chrimbo sorted. Nice one mate!

EDIT: Just read it doesn't run multimedia like music, videos etc. Wth!

Last edited: