I'm thinking of building this in front of my house

• Start date
  • Replies 44 Comments
  • Views 2,874 Views
LOL.

Also... I sent you a reply to your email about some other specs in those files. In addition to that, take the is_opener and is_closer fields with a grain of salt. I don't use those anymore. Just sort them by time_stamp and you'll have your opener and closer. And you probably won't want to insert the ones with money = 0 (spreads/ML's), under_money = 0, and over_money = 0 (totals obviously) or just ignore them in your queries if you do.

oh lol.

perhaps i learned nothing then yet.

i was trying to figure out how to extract openers and closers... i have a script to do it based on time_stamp, but i thought there would be something better.

Yeah. You can use that method. You'll have to set them. It's pretty simple to do. I run a full query on the line archive for each game anyway so I don't need the fields.

I put my gameids in every record (and index the table) so I can query them more efficiently.

If you want to query them, you can just run a "SELECT TOP 1 points, money FROM table WHERE gameid = id ORDER BY time_stamp ASC" for openers. Then "...ORDER BY time_stamp DESC" for closers.

To set the opener/closer fields... If you have a primary key on the records, you could SELECT the key and UPDATE the is_closer/is_opener fields to 1 easily (otherwise you'd need to UPDATE with a bunch of criteria to ensure you have the proper record).

The better way to do what you want is to have a separate table with the team/game information, create columns like OpenerPoints, OpenerOdds, CloserPoints, CloserOdds, OpenerTotal, OpenerOverOdds, etc. and set the information in there. Then, you don't need to query the histories database/table (which gets rather large and sluggish) if that's all that you need.

Last edited:
Hi Casper! How's your day going so far?