I would rather have sex with a fat, smelly woman than look at Tim Tebow's stupid face

• Start date
  • Replies 372 Comments
  • Views 22,888 Views

Mrs. X

seven of ten
Since
Mar 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
I have a BIG problem with organized religion in general, his "face verses" and weeping like a sissy. As far as skill on the field, not a clue.

On a personal level, I've had nothing but good experiences with organized religion. When I was 12 I was ousted from public school and almost sent to juvey. Instead, I was sent to St. Peter's Lutheran school and it really turned me around. In high school I went to youth group and had lots of friends and went to church most Sundays. I tried to be a believer but never really was.

I think what we're all looking for is community and purpose. Things we should be doing without bringing fairy tales into it. On the surface, it seems like this is no big deal. That going to youth group and church and doing good works in Jesus' name is nice, and who could possibly be against that.

I'm against that, and this explains pretty much why:

It's Deep Thought Friday and I'm not trying to hate, so try not to be too mad at me. Richard Dawkins can be not likable and cold, but if you can get past the surface I think what he says is sound. The video is part one of five.

*The title is in reference to another thread. Actually I would rather look at Tim Tebow's face.

There we go! That's the spirit!

Question for you...

If there are X amount of humans on the planet, and it took us this long to get there...when did it start? (humans).

If it was creation, I guess the number seems somewhat logical. If it was evolution, at what point did we snap out of being cameman-ish and look all snappy like?

I can only imagine the media crap on tebow today in denver. (before moving to his third world mudhat durito lived his entire life in denver)

I don't care for religion either, well one day I did, but my religion was the Denver Broncos. Once I started gambling seriously that obsession faded a bit, then this Josh McDaniels asshole came to town and completely killed my interest in the team. So, yea, fuck tebow. That was a horrendous pick anyway. Let's see how his faith and good demeanor hold up when he is starting and is 2-5 and the whole city hates him.

There we go! That's the spirit!

Question for you...

If there are X amount of humans on the planet, and it took us this long to get there...when did it start? (humans).

If it was creation, I guess the number seems somewhat logical. If it was evolution, at what point did we snap out of being cameman-ish and look all snappy like?

No snapping....

Appreciated. Will watch that when I have 10 mns :kiss2:

Appreciated. Will watch that when I have 10 mns :kiss2:

That's a joke right?

If I go over to one of those "other" threads and you've said one word, you're going to be in big trouble mister.

Let's see how his faith and good demeanor hold up when he is starting and is 2-5 and the whole city hates him.

His faith will hold up I'm sure. He will turn to Jesus and weep like Blitty getting sodomized by Rogue Scholar with no lube.

No I didn't!

Yes. I. Did.

very solid post, Mrs X. very fukking solid.

Two things i hate - when organized religion forces shit down your throat, and when espn forces shit down your throat.

i hate it when FW and RayRay try to force a fukking under down your throat.

bastids

One of my favorites:

This movie didn't get great reviews and I can only think it's because it hit too close to home for some people, it's pretty dry "Gervasian" humor, and to be fair, there were some scenes that I think could have been better.

Although the trailer doesn't elude to it, one of the main threads is about the invention of religion. I think most of you guys would enjoy it.

sooooo....

I never realized that so many of you obviously think I am lacking in intellectual skills. And it kills me to say this but perhaps SBR John was correct in that I don't belong here at "Atheist Central". I have never once attempted to force my beliefs down any one of your throats but did state in a nice polite manner that I am a Bible reading, church going, Jesus believing person. All I really expected in return was common politeness back. Guess that was asking too much? No?

I like all of you. You can be such entertaining people. But the constant references to people like me being insufficient in mental areas gets a little old and annoying.

the constant references to people like me being insufficient in mental areas gets a little old and annoying.

did i say i dislike jesus?

i meant to say that i believe he came back to life and would save me for sins someone else committed. whoops.

sooooo....

I never realized that so many of you obviously think I am lacking in intellectual skills. And it kills me to say this but perhaps SBR John was correct in that I don't belong here at "Atheist Central". I have never once attempted to force my beliefs down any one of your throats but did state in a nice polite manner that I am a Bible reading, church going, Jesus believing person. All I really expected in return was common politeness back. Guess that was asking too much? No?

I like all of you. You can be such entertaining people. But the constant references to people like me being insufficient in mental areas gets a little old and annoying.

I am confused? I don't see you mentioned here? I don't recall claiming anyone lacked mental skills, well except for Josh McDaniels, but thats a football thing.

Nina calm down. Nobody here attacked you (unless I missed it).

Nina you are one of us. CALM DOWN! we are a rowdy bunch.

Don't go Jello on us! Especially over a cartoon character!

Nina calm down. Nobody here attacked you

actually i attacked her. but it was right after this post of hers.

bread i just cant stand jesus freaks. youve seen me around them and it doesnt turn out well for anyone.

actually i attacked her. but it was right after this post of hers.

bread i just cant stand jesus freaks. youve seen me around them and it doesnt turn out well for anyone.

however i DID NOT INSTIGATE ANYTHING HERE. I MERELY REACTED TO WHAT I SAW ON MY SCREEN.