I have this hobby project I've been working on for the last 3 years or so

• Start date
  • Replies 24 Comments
  • Views 1,722 Views
Nice. I haven't read a book all the way through in maybe 5 years. I need something interesting. My eyes are going though too :dunno:
What's the theme?

The best short explanation I have come up with is it's like Forrest Gump - but without the ridiculous stuff. Like, just the real-world relationships and people around him.

There are some moments of sadness and tragedy but it's focused on happiness and kindness. It's supposed to have a lot of laughs and according to my preliminary feedback - it does.

sounds pretty good. Are they gonna print it in a paper book?

This made me want to start writing mine again too, good motivation.

You gotta at least do a small run in a physical format Muddy.

If I am fortunate enough to ever find a publisher, they would print it and promote it yada yada.

There is a literary agency here in Toronto that only accepts submissions by snail mail. Print off your query/synopsis/sample. Stick it in an envelope with a SASE. That kind of shit.

I got a good feeling about it.

Kinda reminds me of the first time I tried to get a Jeopardy audition. It was mid-90's and they said you could apply two different ways: online or by postcard. It was the earlyish day of the internet - before they started the yearly online test - but still, everyone was applying online. There was a link where you could leave your particulars. That's what people were doing.

I sent in a dozen or so postcards. Out of tens of thousands of applicants, I got called.

I don't know what anything has to do with anything but I got a good feeling about these agency guise.