I HATE ALL OF YOU

• Start date
  • Replies 230 Comments
  • Views 14,665 Views
Durito can I get a photo tour of your house?

I posted my photo I think it's only fair.

If someone offered you a job RIGHT NOW making $180K a year with excellent bennies in the public sector you'd sign the dotted line with your own blood if there were no pens around.

Who you kiddin?

I would not sign the dotted line. I'd use it to hunt for a private sector job and leverage a higher salary with some stock options. I don't mean anything personal daft I just want nothing to do with this government. I'm also not peeing in a damn cup. I assume a lot more freedoms than I really have in this country which is why it's not the best fit for me.

Also I know this will piss some of you guys off, but money isn't what I want. Happiness is what I want. Granted that can be linked a lot towards money, but if I could live in a pure barter society I would be just as content there as I would anywhere with "money."

I'm also not sure how we got to netapp, but I still see these guys on the list as options;

1 SAS 3% 5,629
4 Google N.A. N.A.
5 NetApp 9% 5,455
6 Zappos.com 37% 1,843
10 DreamWorks Animation SKG 10% 1,994

Cali don't you ruin this thread for me. Just one time can I be the center of attention?

FF has facebook stock options

:snoop:

I might be selling those soon. I think FB is done.

Nobody should have to piss in a cup. But there's plenty of drug testing in "private sector" jobs. I never understood why working for a private owner (dictator) is preferable. :dunno: I could understand if you are the owner.

Nobody should have to piss in a cup. But there's plenty of drug testing in "private sector" jobs. I never understood why working for a private owner (dictator) is preferable. :dunno: I could understand if you are the owner.

If the private owner is offering you bonuses, profit sharing, stock options, more vacation time, flexible hours, work from home, etc then why wouldn't you prefer that?

If the private owner is offering you bonuses, profit sharing, stock options, more vacation time, flexible hours, work from home, etc then why wouldn't you prefer that?

took the words out of my mouth. He forgot 401k matching, but that's similar to your pension game. It's all a game of risk vs reward and I'm choosing high risk mainly because I'm young.

Freefall, I cant tell from this thread if you are looking at SAS as a potential employer, but if you are, they are an incredible company to work for. Its like a cult / corporate campus in cary, they have their own golf courses, an incredible gym on site, places to live, masseuses as part of the work day, unlimited sick leave, no real dress code, fantastic benefits.

The only thing is moving from the bay area to the rtp area. My dad was in computers and we lived in northern california but moved from northern california back to north carolina when I was a teenager and I hated leaving northern california but its a very good life in north carolina. I dont know any of my friends in the bay area who own homes, the cost of living in north carolina is nothing compared to california and especially the bay area. You can own a little beach house and a mansion with a theater room in north carolina for the same price of a house in the valley.

If you are looking at SAS , I would personally live in chapel hill, a college town with a ratio of 3 girls to every guy and its a very cool college town with alot of music and restaurants. Maybe downtown Raleigh as well, the RTP is very affluent and well educated area with Duke, Chapel Hill and alot of universities around but if you live in the suburbs you are going to go crazy after living in san francisco, Most people move to the RTP area because of the quality of schools and its a great place to raise a family but for somebody young ,suburban life can be kind of draining.

I would find some place downtown or in chapel hill or really give alot of thought to your life outside of work,its a great place to live but its not a big city and rtp is not even a city by any means

FreeFall really wants us to guess that he's applying at Google. There is a lot of competition for the same workers at Facebook, Google and Twitter. Lots of people from A leave for B or C and so on.

FreeFall, I wasn't taking it personally.

I was just calling your semi-bluff on the turn.

I would accept the 180k public sector job and hate myself. With a smile on my face.

durito they be stealing electricity in your neighborhood?

i dont think so.

the electricity just fried my tv and suegra gloria broke my washing machine. find us a country to move too.

dont like beach, too many hippies, i've been there.