• Views 4,030 Views

reno cool

Fuck You Mocha Joe
Since
Jan 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
Driving home from Vegas. 10 minutes from home :facepalm:
On an exit ramp from I70 to c-470. There's a tall barrier. Deer jumped it. No time to even think of reacting
it happens so fast deer. splat!
pretty big foker.
Crazy how no trauma(?) inside the cabin, no air bag deployed. Notice the hairs in the door, long too. Can't even get the hairs off that are stuck to bumper. Some bloody hairs on windshield

deer.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

how fast were you going? were you wearing the seatbelt?

fuck, that sucks... no telling what it will cost to fix that front panel ... the windshield is a couple hundy... i would go to a dent place and see if they can pull a lot of that dent out before going the insurance/deductable route... you will never be able to match the paint, but if they cant pull the dent to make it presentable, i would start calling junkyard or salvage places, as well, before going to insurance

fwiw, i was under the impression that the airbags in cars are controlled by the bumper sensors and some rides with side sensors if they car has side airbags...

gl with it.. that really sucks

maybe 55 and no. didn't feel a thing :dunno:

Ray, no insurance. Car is 2001 only worth a couple k at this point. I just painted the foker and really like the model and all the options it has.
Yeah, like you said windshield 200+. not bad. If they can put it in. (frame is slightly distorted)
Gonna try to see if I can make it look semi-decent, but I suppose I'm gonna have to get it replaced soon :sad:
A man in my position can't be driving a car with dents:sparesomecutter:

yeah, you are stuck deciding if its worth spending the money to get it fixed, knowing its not worth much and what you do to it wont help the resale/trade in value... i would run by a few places and see what they can do to the dent... you can probably get the fender lined back up and looking better and hopefully a glass place wont have an issue replacing the ws. ...

if there is a positive note, its spring and, well at least around here, the car lots offer pretty decent trade in cash if you can get your vehicle to the lot...

Deers are idiots. I live on a 4 lane highway and a couple days ago I saw one maybe a quarter mile from here just suddenly sprint across the road out of nowhere.

There was no sign it was looking for any particular opening. Plenny traffic in both directions. Just dumb luck it didn't get hit - or hit something.

Graceful as hell. Fast.

But fok.

:mudcat:

Man I know we had words but that's all the past to me. Anyway I did something similar to this years back except unlike you I was stupid - there was an old lady stopped in the middle of the road and I'm thinking dumb lost lady late at night whatever I'll speed past her. What I didn't notice until half a second later was a line of deer she was stopped for that I just sped myself into. Had one go right up the corner fucking everything up - thank God not me. Long story short Esurance declared the car "totaled", it already had over 200k miles on it so I moved on. I'm guessing the same might happen to you and I am hoping your company pays up quick.

Geeezzzz Reno. I'm glad you are ok- most important thing...that had to be scary. I have never hit one, but many friends who have...luckily they have all been ok, but you hear stories...

That hair stuck to the car looks nasty.

Glad you are ok, Comrade. Tons of snow here in NS and deer and other critters are hitting the highways looking for food due to shortage of food for them because of all the snow we got in Feb and March. This is a good reminder for me to be on high alert.

Sorry to hear this RC! Not worth it have collision insurance on a car that old since they usually total it with the value being so low! At least it's still drivable but a bummer after the paint job and all! :console:

reno please stop killing the wildlife

Yeah I won't say anything this time but that's called poaching pal

Exactly, RJ. For Reno or a family. Rj, do you ever collect and eat road kill when you are in Central America or america? Apparently it's a common thang in southern states.

We do it up here too, I only go for big game. If I see a horse hit on the highway or whatever I won't care if it's dead or not I'll hold up traffic put on my headphones and pretend I am at a buffet.

i never have, if i spot an iguana i might

a consomm of iguana go for $5, you can easily make $100 from one iguana