I am seriously thinking about getting a real job

• Start date
  • Replies 108 Comments
  • Views 5,553 Views
work in a deli, you can also take bets

I won't be much help to you Muddy but I did want to wish you luck in your search.

I'm one of the lucky few that very much enjoys their job. Don't settle, Muddy.

ooh, Plommer's Dilemma. Is that like Portnoy's complaint?

Are there still local bookies in Canada?

I suspect that Plommer is one. Ssshhhh.

No matter what, step 1 is to work harder at the betting. I am too lazy and also prone to getting caught up in forums when I should be working.

Wait, wut?

I have seriously thought about going tout - the problem is I have no idea how to do it. I mean, I know how to make picks that grind out a profit but I have no clue about the administration of it.

It is the story of my life: I only have parts of the puzzle.

Muddy have you thought about going into the raw sewage business?

It is my secret hope that Wally will see this thread and offer me a job in raw sewage.

Or were you just taking a slap at the quality of my posting?

:clueless:

Are there still local bookies in Canada?
Are there still women in Colombia only interested in hooking up with foreign men for their status/wealth?

Do you have a green thumb, Muddy? I don't know who supplies the Canadian medical marijuana program, but if you could become part of that process I feel comfortable saying that it will probably pay better than anything else you could find that doesn't require a graduate or first professional degree. I'll break it down for you in U.S. Dollars:

Wholesale price of well-grown pot: $2,250/lb (you can inflate this by growing rare strains or having a reputation for dense buds)
Price of operating a 1000W grow light: $200/month
Yield per light: 1.5lbs/100 days

Now obviously you've got fertilizer costs and pesticides/fungicides as well as fresh ventilation filters so you don't make your neighborhood reek like the jungles of Myanmar, but there's a pretty obvious profit margin even after all that. Even if you don't sell it to medical patients, guys on the street would happily take it off your hands. Let me know if you need help getting started, I can point you toward a few books and hook you up with some equipment dealers.

Those sound like all the regulations we have down here. In practice, those web sites only serve to get the idiot public off the backs of decent hard-working pot growers by making them think it's all regulated to shit. Trust me when I say that other than the plant limit, we pretty much ignore the rest of it. If Muddy and Jenny can be caretakers for four patients and get permission to have 60 plants at all times, I doubt either of them would have to work very hard beyond the income it would provide. I was estimating 20 plants per light, after all.

This is interesting stuff. I have a backyard.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee