I am looking forward to the Vanvouver Olympics BIG TIME

• Start date
  • Replies 36 Comments
  • Views 4,359 Views
did the booty ripped bobsledder go on to start and complete the race?

I was reflecting as I was out walking earlier the oddness of describing something happening in Vancouver as showcasing "what good, wonderful people live here." I don't think I have ever been within 2000 km of Vancouver.

Canada is large.

I was reflecting as I was out walking earlier the oddness of describing something happening in Vancouver as showcasing "what good, wonderful people live here." I don't think I have ever been within 2000 km of Vancouver.

Canada is large.

:grin: Good say.

Canada is large.

ha, you fucking goons. just kidding ..... I always liked the Canadian anthem.
In the US nobody gives a shit. Unless the team scores a spectacular upset. Then everybody cares in hindsight for 30 years:shades:

I played poker against a guy from BC here about a week ago and he was saying how he had Olympics tickets for some slalom and downhill events. I was jealous. It made me realize how much I've always wanted to watch women's curling at it's highest level live.

We have a very nice MILF skipping our Canadian team in Cheryl Bernard.

Hurry hard!!

These commercials though - holy shit. I like Donald Sutherland and everything but ENOUGH!!!!

when does this start again?

Well sir, the Opening Ceremonies are Fri. Feb. 12th. The games run from Feb. 12 - 28.

Be there or be square. If you can do both, even better.

Why don't Americans care as much about International competition as much as Canadians apparently do?

Is it because we are so fucking obnoxious that we consider ourselves the best at everything and think we have nothing to prove at these events (as fans)?

well were obnoxious enough to show up in blue body paint at local sporting events

Why don't Americans care as much about International competition as much as Canadians apparently do?

Is it because we are so fucking obnoxious that we consider ourselves the best at everything and think we have nothing to prove at these events (as fans)?

I think I have to reject the premise. I have seen Americans get completely carried away with International competitions to the point of overkill. Michael Phelps is a recent example that comes to mind. Michael Johnson. Carl Lewis.

Sticking with the winter Olympics, there are highly hyped names from the past. Off the top of my head: Bonnie Blair, Eric Heiden, any number of figure skaters (Yamaguchi, Kwan, Lipinski, Boitano going all the way back to Dorothy Hamill.)

Canada is large.

I lived in Vancouver from 1993-1995, fucking awsome city, really. The place is so majestic its not even funny.

I remember when I first got back to Ontario I couldn't believe how small everything looked (the trees, hills etc.) The trees and mountains near Vancouver are quite the scene.

Vancouver has to be up there in terms of most beautiful places on the planet.

I don't doubt it at all. Hey plommer, did you get that bus driving gig for the games?