Hump Day Hoops

• Start date
  • Replies 32 Comments
  • Views 1,658 Views
How can you follow someone that posts no reasoning for his bets.

Line movement means nothing.

The NBA is a 48 minute game. It's all about matchups.

A 5th grader could cap games based on line movement. Correlating money coming in, public numbers with line fluctuations. Simple.

NBA is all about matchup analysis.

Thanks.

Arch, I'm gonna go Casper and offer a money back guarantee with the next one. I'm gonna go "full Casper".

Goat, you left us high and dry with you basketball plays so someone had to step in and do what they could to fill the void. Goat, stick around, make the forum some bank, then you have free range to critique. For the record though it's not all about line movement or really any at all. I mention line movement as a guide because some like that kind of thing.

No problem Wally! Seen a lot worse from posters! Keep up the good work and will make time to give you some bounce against the wall reasoning that you can think bout being good or bad advice!

Line movement means nothing.

A 5th grader could cap games based on line movement. Correlating money coming in, public numbers with line fluctuations. Simple.

Thanks.

Nice post GM and GL would appreciate some NBA plays posted even if no reasoning is given! Word on the street you're the NBA man and plus it's the holiday season! As youhave seen, you can't be our Chosen One but you could be our Santa?

And know that Gamelive is a non-profit organization! Some scam artist tried selling members his the Spread Beneath Your Wings tout service! Guy takes elaborate trip to Eastern Europe and even flew into Chicago this past weekend! TGod no GL posters were taken but appears some unsuspecting people were!

Line movement means nothing

Thanks.

Goaty, ask yourself something "am I making sense right now?"

I won my last two bets on line movement. Houston and Atlanta. I didn't even cap the games.

I'm more of a fan of line movement when it's reverse line movement. I would be more of a fan if I took the time to pay closer attention. Hell I would be more of a fan of anything that gave me an edge, didn't require a degree in quantum physics or putting my fate in the hands of a guy charging me $200 per play.

Line movement in NBA is huge Wally. Don't fight it all you will get broke.

Saulty, you're scaring me! Don't give in to peer pressure! I trust knowing you're a capping sort of guy! :up:

Saulty, you're scaring me! Don't give in to peer pressure! I trust knowing you're a capping sort of guy! :up:

I cap NFL and college football but in the NBA I follow line movement.

I won my last two bets on line movement. Houston and Atlanta. I didn't even cap the games.
Take the results over 100's of plays using the exact same criteria for each and the results are meaningful.

Take the results over 100's of plays using the exact same criteria for each and the results are meaningful.

I agree. What's the purpose of modeling previous stats when line movement dictates the outcome of the game? (you hear me Wally)

Line movement doesn't dictate the outcome of a game just as modeling stats is not useless. The people that are moving the lines are the ones that are modeling the right stats. I let those people do all the modeling and I only bet when I have a better line than pinny is offering(varying degrees based off different sports, limits and occasionally using half point calc.). , I measure my results based on the money that I get deposited into my account each month. Im not a pro, nor do I spend more time than anyone else spotting an "advantage" bet. But I enjoy betting sports a lot more than I used to, because I expect to win every week.

Personally the betting is secondary but that's mainly because I bet small and I'm not trying to make a living at it or use it towards my retirement. I enjoy the hunt, I enjoy trying new things and trying to find an angle. I'm not delusional, I'm fully aware that people much smarter than myself and with far greater resources have tried everything and more than I have and some of them have failed as often as I have.

The cool thing about this thing is the most frustrating thing, every game provides an opportunity to win. If you are on the winning side you shouldn't have to justify how you got there no more than you should have to defend why you were on the losing side.

tumblr_me79xeAB4g1qdjd78o1_1280.png