• Replies 19 Comments
  • Views 1,517 Views

IAG

R.E.M. enthusiast
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
So I took my blood pressure at the store today at one of those little machines. BP was 117/76 which is good, but it said my heart rate was 100 which I am pretty sure is NOT good.

Freaked me out a bit since I had a weird strong heart flutter the other day which scared the shit out of me. I'm downloading an app to doublecheck the heart rate. My old chart from last fall says it was 80 at the doctor's office. I'm going to try to hydrate and take it again.

On the task list of things to acknowledge.

Means you have 6 months to live

You guys said that to me like a year ago but yeah I get it lol.

take it yourself. its easy enough to do right? maybe you got nervous. my bp can get very high especially when I'm afraid its gonna be high when that machine starts doing its thing.

Don't trust the machines. I checked myself the day before I went to the doctor and it was much higher than what the nurse recorded in the office. By BP and heart rate was normal at the doctor's office but the machine at the grocery store was saying I was about to have a heart attack.

The machine showed me a picture of a gerbil sprinting in a wheel.

Not sure what that was supposed to mean.

My blood pressure is always low. Heart rate on the slow side. Very consistent since I stopped abusing drugs and alcohol.

Professionals always tell me the situation is good.

I get consistent results between those machines and the rig the doctors use (sphignomenometer ??)

What I meant to say was, sphygmomanometer :handshake:

aneroid_sphygmomanometer.jpg

So there is an app that utilizes the camera and gives you your pulse by measuring the light on your face or something. In any case, not really sure how it works, but it gave me a 78 or so. I then did a self test and got low 80s...much better than 100...with my bp being low, I guess I won't worry too much.

the machines at the grocery stores tell me im borderline obese ... i might be 11.5% bf right now :lol: ... bp runs normal, but you just cant trust em

at doc last week 156/110

been having issues with high BP past couple yrs...highest was around 167/112
fluctuates from slighty high to severely high , sometimes get dizzy, woozy from it.

Senco, that is medication time. Get that BP down, buddy.

My last BP reading taken by a medical professional was 117/68. But since the thyroid whacked out on me a couple of years ago, I have issues with tachycardia all that time. I hate that feeling.