How is a bigger deal not being made of that Boyle hit?

• Start date
  • Replies 11 Comments
  • Views 1,064 Views

Vegas Dave

Not a Real GameLiver
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Semin makes a clean (albeit hard and late in the game, but clean) hit on Boyle.

Then Boyle blindsides Semin away from the play, taking his feet out from under him with a leg behind and a stick to the neck.

Because Semin isn't injured, no one seems to care. But there is honestly no place for that in the Olympics, where sportsmanship is supposed to matter.

Boyle shouldn't play another game in this tournament. But looks like a 2 minute penalty is it, huh?

Semin makes a clean (albeit hard and late in the game, but clean) hit on Boyle.

Then Boyle blindsides Semin away from the play, taking his feet out from under him with a leg behind and a stick to the neck.

Because Semin isn't injured, no one seems to care. But there is honestly no place for that in the Olympics, where sportsmanship is supposed to matter.

Boyle shouldn't play another game in this tournament. But looks like a 2 minute penalty is it, huh?

OMG Dave. I can;t believe you just wrote that.

Yeah, boohoo, I know the Canadians don't want to hear it.

It's a fucking cheapshot. When you are wearing your country's colors and representing your nation, show some class.

Talk about class, I saw a few real nice dives by the Russians out there tonight.

Yeah, boohoo, I know the Canadians don't want to hear it.

It's a fucking cheapshot. When you are wearing your country's colors and representing your nation, show some class.

Dave, we are drunk from winning this game. The Canadians displayed a scary performance tonight, the kind of performance we expected earlier.

Tonights game should remove any doubt that Canada has a huge chance to win the gold here.

I'm in shock. I think it was Afinigenov (sp) who took an obvious dive and Canada was called for hooking.

Do you think I'm arguing that the Russians were classy?

If they want to dive around and embarrass themselves, let them. They embarrass themselves, and you embarrass them on the scoreboard. Beautiful win.

Because the Russians were diving, you want Boyle taking cheapshots and Getzlaf running his mouth?

I'd prefer my country take the high road, not sink to their level. But whatever, it was a great game for Canada, and they look to be back on track for a Gold Medal run.

Actually Dave, Canada didn't play that well. Crosby and a few others didn't do much so I expect a much better overall effort moving forward.

Good Times!!!

Actually Dave, Canada didn't play that well. Crosby and a few others didn't do much so I expect a much better overall effort moving forward.

Good Times!!!

Hey, huge win over a medal favorite... be it facing an opposing goaltender playing like shit or a perfect effort, a big win is a big win.

Nabokov fell apart, case closed. The better team lost.